Default Colorado Home Inspector Increases Business With Reporting Software

Dave Wall, the owner of ProTech Building Inspections in Carbondale, CO, was frustrated with his existing reporting software. Not only was it unorganized, and hard to use, but it was also limiting his business potential. Dave was turning away business because it took him so long to write the reports that he could only do 3 inspections a week.

The housing market in Carbondale (just down the road from Aspen) is quite unique. Dave describes it as "Billionaires buying out Millionaires". Homes are usually quite large and architecturally complex. These are the types of homes that you would see in Architectural Digest and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Because of this, the inspections take a long time and the reports tend to be in excess of 60 pages. This is why Dave couldn't do more than 3 reports a week.

Download the full case study and read Dave's story about how he solved his Home Inspection Reporting Software problem. Learn how Dave went from 3 inspections a week to 5 a day and how Dave has increase his business with features such as:

Customizable Inspection Items, The Mobile App, Talk to Text, Comments Library and support for Multiple Inspectors.

Download the case study here https://www.eneris.ca/casestudyprotech

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Colorado Home Inspector Increases Business With Reporting Software

I am sending Brian, who owns this site, your post so he can contact you for sponsoring a forum ... I am sure that you are not intending to post here for free advertising ... right?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry Peck
    Re: Colorado Home Inspector Increases Business With Reporting Software

I am sending Brian, who owns this site, your post so he can contact you for sponsoring a forum ... I am sure that you are not intending to post here for free advertising ... right?

Hi Jerry

I didn't know this type of post wasn't allowed as I didn't see anything prohibiting that in the terms. If it isn't then I'm happy to take it down. My intention was to share Dave's story about how he increased the number of inspections with a few features of our software.

I'm not saying it's 'not allowed', just pointing out that consideration, and maybe even 'proper etiquette', is to contact the owner (see the Contact Us link at the bottom) and offer to sponsor a forum (like the sponsored by you see) when posting something which link to a commercial site selling what is being advertised.

I don't have any relationship with the owner of this site, but the question is - why don't you provide free links on your site to anyone who would like to advertise their products for free?

Just seems to be obvious to me the you are telling that story as an advertisement to try to get others to buy your products.

Just seems fair for you to offer to sponsor the forum your product may benefit from being the sponsor of.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bimal Parmar View Post
    The housing market in Carbondale (just down the road from Aspen) is quite unique. Dave describes it as "Billionaires buying out Millionaires". Homes are usually quite large and architecturally complex. These are the types of homes that you would see in Architectural Digest and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Because of this, the inspections take a long time and the reports tend to be in excess of 60 pages.

Learn how Dave went from 3 inspections a week to 5 a day
    That's enough to stop me from clicking any links.

Simply makes no sense, unless this magic software physically reduces these large and complex homes to studio apartments. He's still onsite "inspecting" for heaven's sake, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    I'm not saying it's 'not allowed', just pointing out that consideration, and maybe even 'proper etiquette', is to contact the owner (see the Contact Us link at the bottom) and offer to sponsor a forum (like the sponsored by you see) when posting something which link to a commercial site selling what is being advertised.

I don't have any relationship with the owner of this site, but the question is - why don't you provide free links on your site to anyone who would like to advertise their products for free?

Just seems to be obvious to me the you are telling that story as an advertisement to try to get others to buy your products.

Just seems fair for you to offer to sponsor the forum your product may benefit from being the sponsor of.
    Are you not doing the same every time you post? Your signature includes your company URL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimal Parmar View Post
    Are you not doing the same every time you post? Your signature includes your company URL.
    That is a link to my qualifications - besides, I am retired.

While you posted about a story, then linked that story to your product you are trying to sell.

Links like mine are just linking to the person's business, that allows others to check them out.

The "difference" is that they (and I) do not post with the content of the post being the intent to take one to a product sales page.

IF I were to post that, hey, this guy got a lot of money back, read here to find out how ... and then I linked to a page which was selling how I got that person a lot of money back ... and you can to do that ... for only ...

The fact that you are asking that question explains that you do not grasp common business courtesy and why you go around seeking free advertising.

As Dom said, though, you think it is good to go from doing 3 inspections of large expensive homes per week to doing 5 per day explains more than anything else. That is the opposite of 'work smarter, not harder' ... you are bragging how much harder that inspector is working and how much less he is giving his customers (or was he charging ridiculously low fees to those large expensive houses such that he had to do 5 per day.

Before I retired, I was doing those large expensive houses, and doing 3 pre seek would have been an unreal amount to do those houses justice - more like 1 per week for the inspection and report.

I preferred working smarter, not harder ... and giving those well heeled clients what they wanted ... and were willing to pay for.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I agree with Jerry and Dom. 5 per day??? Oh yeah, what we all strive for.
    Trying to get free advertising is kind of classless or clueless IMHO.

5 a day--you kidding me if Dave is doing that by himself--he wouldn't be doing my inspection--first one real fast and the last one a dead tired disaster

cvf

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post
    5 a day--you kidding me if Dave is doing that by himself--he wouldn't be doing my inspection--first one real fast and the last one a dead tired disaster

cvf
    No - in the case study we explain how the software reduced the time it took for him to write up the reports. That was taking most of the time. He was able to hire additional inspectors and using the multi-inspector support he sends a team of inspectors to do inspections.