Randy King Guest

Default Accounting Software

Hey guys hope your inspection schedules are full! I know things are starting to really pick up in my area must be that time of the year. Just wondering what everyone is using for accounting software. I was thinking about Quicken or Quick Books to track sales and expenses and for filing purposes for taxes at the end of the year and curious if you have used any of them and your thoughts. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Brent Simmerman Guest

Default Re: Accounting Software

I use QuickBooks, really like it and I could do more than I do but starts to get beyond my thought process. My accountant can log in and get what ever she needs also.

Quickbooks and TurboTax, they go hand in hand and do all of the hard work. All you have to do is input the correct information. I have used them both for about 10 years.

This past year I had to use Peachtree while doing the books for a not for profit company. I could not wait until I could pass it off to the next person! Yet, many CPA'a like Peachtree over Quickbooks.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I have used Quick Books and Turbo Tax since starting business. My wife is my accountant. I just use the basic version in think it's called (simple start).

I use a CPA.

When I had my inspection business, I used a combination of QuickBooks (much more advanced that Quicken) and a CPA - I did all my checks and deposits in QuickBooks, then took that file and whatever else my CPA wanted/needed and the CPA 'ran the numbers and took care of everything' as needed.

QuickBooks makes using a CPA more effective. Just guessing, but I suspect Jack also uses QuickBooks (are some similar software).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

HI Jerry,
    No, I don't use accounting software at all. I have a company only credit card for any company expenses that are not paid with a check. My CPA gets my bank statements and credit card statements. All expenses for company is either with CC or check, and all income goes into bank account.
    I never mix $$$ between personal and business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    I have a company only credit card for any company expenses that are not paid with a check.
    Jack,

I had (have) a company only credit card to.

What I was referring to was the things you pay by check - I used QuickBooks as my software to track those company only checks.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry,
    I used to use Quicken for my checkbook, and my wife was always telling me I was wasting my time. She does our family banking online. When I had a problem with an update, and it scrambled my entire register (that is another thread in itself), I decided to try her technique. I monitor my bank account on a daily basis. I write so few outside (besides payroll) checks these days, keeping track of it with software is redundant.
    My goal is to have very little going out, and lots coming in.
    JF

Quickbooks Tool Hub is the one solution for all the tools that you will have to buy from various other companies seperately. With the use of the Quickbooks tool hub you will get the access to all the tools that are required to get the accounting easier.

Default error 80070057 Quickbooks

This is a very tricky error that might make your experience with the Quickbooks very poor so you need to get rid of it as soon as possible. To remove it click here.

Anyone else thinking the previous two posts are phishing posts?

I'm not clicking the links to find out.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Anyone else thinking the previous two posts are phishing posts?

I'm not clicking the links to find out.
    Just trolls and the usual "link dropping" BS. Trying to get people go to a site.