daniel nantell Guest

Default fha inspections forms

If you do a fha inspection do you have to use fha inspections report form or can you use your normal home inspection report. thanks

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: fha inspections forms

Quote Originally Posted by daniel nantell View Post
    If you do a fha inspection do you have to use fha inspections report form or can you use your normal home inspection report. thanks
    What kind of "FHA" inspection are you doing? Is it for a manufactured home?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

That depends on the type of inspection. I do a lot of "finals" that use the HUD/FHA form 92051. No real "inspection report" required.

Attached Files Attached Files
    True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Bostick View Post
    That depends on the type of inspection. I do a lot of "finals" that use the HUD/FHA form 92051. No real "inspection report" required.

Thats funny about FHA. People ask or Realtors ask about an FHA Inspection and I tell them that I am a state licensed home inspector and have to use the state mandated and formated form and no matter what type of FHA Inspector they were looking for they never seem to go to anyone else and have never been asked for a partiular form.

Here is a "VA Handbook" that I found as a guideline. Note:VA not necessarily HUD/FHA

Attached Files Attached Files
    True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Thats funny about FHA. People ask or Realtors ask about an FHA Inspection and I tell them that I am a state licensed home inspector and have to use the state mandated and formated form and no matter what type of FHA Inspector they were looking for they never seem to go to anyone else and have never been asked for a partiular form.
    The type that you have to be registered with HUD are the new construction and 203K. When agents ask for an FHA inspection, who knows what they are talking about. With the "real" HUD/FHA inspections you will be dealing with the lender or builder at first and not an agent.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 04-13-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

daniel nantell Guest

My wife is a Realtor and she is selling a house and the client is getting a f.h.a. loan. she said the appraiser said he was going to do the Home Inspections and the appraisal all the same time, Is this normal to do the Inspectons and Appraisal by the same person . thanks.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by daniel nantell View Post
    My wife is a Realtor and she is selling a house and the client is getting a f.h.a. loan. she said the appraiser said he was going to do the Home Inspections and the appraisal all the same time, Is this normal to do the Inspect ons and Appraisal by the same person . thanks.
    Well if the **appeasers** actually looked at a home a little closer or referenced a home inspection report to come to a better value on the home then maybe the lenders would have a better understanding of the true value of a home instead of basing the value of an inflated sale from down the road.

Then maybe, just maybe we would not be in this predicament

Appraisers do a "Valuation Condition" report commonly called a VC report.

It's a mini-inspection.

See the form at the bottom of this PDF File link.

http://www.kirchmeyer.com/HUDManual.pdf

It is NOT a Home Inspection.

See the FHA "For your protection get a home inspection" form in the link above.

Also this one. http://www.hud.gov/offices/adm/hudcl...s/92564-cn.pdf

Some realtors knowingly pass this VC off as a home inspection. Some do it unknowingly.

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections