Default Improper Installation along wide valley?

Strange roof configuration shown here. Are the shingles coming off the valley (either side) correctly placed. Mind you, this is reported to be a ten year old roof and there are NO stains on the decking from attic view. First picture is looking down the roof, the other is same section, looking up.

Greg

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Improper Installation along wide valley?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Subick View Post
    Strange roof configuration shown here. Are the shingles coming off the valley (either side) correctly placed. Mind you, this is reported to be a ten year old roof and there are NO stains on the decking from attic view. First picture is looking down the roof, the other is same section, looking up.

Greg
    GS: They must have imported Juan and Jose's Roofing Fiesta for that installation. Send them back, we miss them.

One side is almost done right, but the execution of it was poor - the side with the cut line is close, but maybe the use of the word "execution" should have been reserved for the person who did the other side of that large cricket.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Wink Re: Improper Installation along wide valley?

I am sorry, but in my area, Juan and Jose and their entire biological families are the only roofers we have....and we are not sending them back because depletion of the third largest nationality here would not be good for the economy. I will say this....I can assure you this was not done by any of their family members....its not good enough work. I'll take Juan and Jose's work ethic over anybody's these days.....

Greg

hey gringo, we don need no stinking crickets, we use chimmichangas for dat

Frank Suchodolski Guest

Bessides the unruly look of it all, if the shingles on the flat of the cricket extend 12" up the slope it could work. What is the slope of the middle section? Looks low slope to me so extra underlayment would be required. I would suggest full Ice & Water Shield in that area extending up the slope at least 2 feet.