Thread: I'm So Excited

Default I'm So Excited

After 3.5 years of putting up with the BS that my Ahole neighbor across the street has caused, I see the fool is moving out.

The police are at his house at least once a month hauling off a bunch of underaged kids for drinking or drugs or something.

Two weeks ago we were awakened at 1am. by an ambulance picking up a teen that had drinked so much they nearly died.

They arrested 20+ plus teens for drinking and had everyone of them to call their parents to pick them up. That lasted till around 3:30am.

Plenty of pissed off parents driving up that night.

Good riddance A-Hole I say!

Oh, and the good thing about it is. I now have a foreclosed house across the street. WooHoo!

Rick

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: I'm So Excited

Rick - Congratulations!
    Sometimes it seems like every neighborhood has at least one.
    We've been pretty lucky neighbor-wise for 15+ years now.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

imported_John Smith Guest

Rick, I wish I had your luck. My trash neighbors next door consists of a grandmother (~65) with her loser ass son (~45) who lives in a converted storage shed behind her house with his teenage son (~16). The teenage son sells pot to his classmates that I think his dad buys for him. Dad doenst have a job (I know hasnt had one in at least 6 years) and never leaves the house. Kids in and out all day,all night and they stay for 15 or 20 minutes. They think my yard is their ashtray, the street in front of my house (they never park in front of their house) is their driveway. And usually on a good weekend I find at least a half dozen beer bottles in my back yard where I guess they just toss them over the fence. Grandma and Dad dont acknowledge any problem when I confront them about it. I have been thinking of sending a letter to my local police authority, but doubt it would do any good.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this type of trash? I want to move, but my wife says if we wait long enough they will move.

See if you can talk a local cop in to parking in front of your house in a marked car. No intent to arrest or harass, just the marked car could be a deterrence. Of course if he happens to notice a few violations along the way, so much the better. Do you have code enforcement by the fire marshal, etc. that might be interested in folks living in a shed with no CO?
    Direct confrontation will likely just make matters worse, but if a third party just happens to show up on an anonymous tip, that might make it uncomfortable enough to get them to move or clean up their act.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

John,

Your going to need the luck. I just talked to the A-hole across the street from me and found out he's moving in next door to you on the other side.

Just kidding.

Rick

PS: Nothing will get the police out to a neighborhood quicker than calling them and telling them someone is tossing bottles out on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    ...PS: Nothing will get the police out to a neighborhood quicker than calling them and telling them someone is tossing bottles out on the street.
    In Philadelphia, NOTHING will get the police out to a neighborhood quicker. Unless it's THEIR neighborhood, I guess.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Kevin Barre Guest

We had a somewhat similar situation with neighbor kids and underage drinking at a previous home. The house looked great from the outside, but every time that the parents would leave for the weekend -- which was frequently -- the kids would play. Noise until late hours, kids whizzin' in my shrubs, bottles and cans left in my yard and the street. The parents didn't do anything about it when we notified them. So the neighbor across the street collected all the discarded cans and bottles from one party in a couple trash bags. When the parents returned, he went over at 6 AM the next morning, dumped the trash on their front porch, rang the doorbell and had a brief conversation.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    In Philadelphia, NOTHING will get the police out to a neighborhood quicker. Unless it's THEIR neighborhood, I guess.
    Two words I assure you that will get them out there.

OFFICER DOWN

Jim, I live in the "county" and as far as I can tell, anything goes in the county.
    Ask any inspector in the Houston area that inspects homes out in the county. You will here stories about the wild west of building.

Really weird deal, I live in a subdivision, but we are considered "in the county". The storage shed that they turned into living quarters/drug den is about 1' off our fence line, and they have a shed type roof on it that hangs damn near plumb with the fence line. And the shed low side is towards my yard. Needless to say, all the water run off from their roof comes over onto my property.

I think moving is the answer. A lot of houses in my neighborhood are being sold to "investors" and turned into rental properties. Not where I want to live anymore.

John,

Sounds like you know what you need to do. Your fed up I can tell in your message. I'm sure it would be best for your family to pack it up and move on and get away from those deadbeats.

rick

Dave Gilstrap Guest

Rick

Good for you. I have a similar problem across the street from me and would give anything to get rid of them. Last week I call the sheriff be cause one of them was beating his girlfriend in the middle of the street. They arrested him, but he is back and so is she. The saga never ends something is always going on over there. So I am happy for you.

Jeez, I feel lucky.

Our neighbors across the street would be gone 2-3-4 months to their house in the Rockies, or to their river house, last week, though, they just moved as they bought a house on the ocean (dang, *I'd* love to be able to buy a house on the ocean - but at $3 mil and up that is not going to happen ). They 'might eventually sell' this house, but for right now it seems to me that they will let it stand empty. I'm not worried about it looking bad, they use the same landscape/lawn guy as two other neighbors use, so I am sure the yard will look the same as it always has.

Hopefully they don't rent it out to someone like you guys have to deal with.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

... I now have a foreclosed house across the street. WooHoo!

Rick
    And now you know how it feels to live here in Florida...

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    And now you know how it feels to live here in Florida...
    I almost moved to Longwood over 30 years ago (or more). Nah....To freaking muggy. I did live in Neptune Beach for about 14 years. Was not to bad. Just far enough north to keep it a little bearable.

Bob White Guest

I'm glad I don't have that kind of neighbor....

Or, maybe I am that neighbor....

(... if you look and can't see the fish at the poker table ....)

Its a beatiful day in the neighborhood.

YouTube - mr. rogers' opening song

LAST LOAD OUT TODAY

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Rick Hurst; 04-21-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Kevin Luce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Jeez, I feel lucky.

I'm not worried about it looking bad, they use the same landscape/lawn guy as two other neighbors use, so I am sure the yard will look the same as it always has.
    Landscape company was asked to trim the bush a different way after they left.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Jack Stafford Guest

What does the bank want for this house?

Not a clue. It sold for around 250K being the smallest home in the neighborhood. It is probably around 2200 sqft in a neighborhood of 3500 sqft.and up.

I'll probably have some cult members buy it with the luck I've had lately.

Rick, hopefully you dont get a RSO (registered sex offender). We had one move in a few houses down. Not a darn thing you can do about it other than move.

One of our more "in the know" neighbors apparently found out about it and put flyers in everyones mailbox in the neighborhood with the guys photo and rap sheet from the Texas Department of Public Safety site.

About two weeks after the guy moved in, I was walking my dogs in the morning and noticed that he had 4 flat tires on his truck. Coincidence? Probably not. I think someone played judge/jury.

Definitely not the Welcome Wagon's typical calling card.

John,

We used to have a RSO in the neighborhood but he only lasted a month. Everyone had a sign in there yard announcing that a sex offender lived at _________ address. He got the message and left.

He even tried to get a job working at the club house pool if you can imagine.

rick

Two words I assure you that will get them out there.

OFFICER DOWN
    When requiring police presence on scene (I'm a fireman in Big D), the best way to get them out there quickly is, "We have a bus load of Hooters girls that just ran into the back of a Dunkin Donuts truck."

Works every time.

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

Its a beatiful day in the neighborhood.

YouTube - mr. rogers' opening song

LAST LOAD OUT TODAY
    You have a beautiful front yard (what I could see of it)

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area