Thread: Lets Twitter

Default Lets Twitter

You know over the last two weeks I have been using twitter. At first I thought this was a useless app. But after using it you get addicted and start following friends, news, Government, Demi Moore :-), etc. I tweet all the time to my friends and just over a week or so I picked up almost 20 followers, why who knows.
    It struck me today that this can be a useful tool for home inspectors. If we all signed up we can send a tweet of a problem while you are on site and someone could answer it. It would also work well with Realtors if they had a question. You can install these little apps on your phone, palm desktop etc. There are other apps that work with it like twirl. It's a little pop up window on my desktop letting me know if something is written by people I follow. It also lets you reply right there so you don't have to sign in on a browser.
    It is also a useful tool for adding tweets to update comments on Plaxo, My Space, Face Book, etc. all from a little app on my desktop or phone.
    Who knows you could get a big following................ and increase your business!

I put alot of things that I do during the day and my be useless info to you but we can create names two Identities, one for work and one for play.

Here is mine MikeNCInspector
    Send me yours and I will most likley tune in.

Mike
    www.houseinspections.com

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Default Re: Lets Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Schulz View Post
    At first I thought this was a useless app.
    I still think it is.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I thought the same thing Jerry but was thinking of ways to promote my business. Each time you tweet (stupid word) you put your business out there.

Not only that I communicate on a regular basis with my relatives. I also get updated as soon as news breaks on anything,

It can be a useful tool if you let it. You follow what you want. In fact all news casters are on it as well as politicians and stars, etc. You get a view of there everyday life if you want it.

The real estate people are all over it as well as builders. They are using it to promote.

You dinosaurs will be left behind.

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Schulz View Post
    You dinosaurs will be left behind.

Nah, from what I heard and read about Twitter a few weeks ago as that its use peaked late last year/very early this year and its use as dropped since then.

I'm not into blogging either, but Twitter seems to be Twittering out.

Of course, though, there will be a secondary bounce of activities by those who get into fads late, but even they left the hula hoop too.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Facebook had been my online way of letting folks know what I'm doing. I have even had a few jobs that have come as a result of folks finding me on Facebook.

Linkedin has been another great tool that has sent business my way.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Face Book is Great Scott and Thanks for linking with me. I also use Pulse, My space, eAcademy, Blogspot, Merchant circle, Active rain and You tube,
    Jerry you should be doing the same to get your site off the ground. Good exposure.

I justed started this twibe site for us to rant and just spill whats on your mind during the day.
    I don't mean to be spamming anyone. Thought this would be a good way to communicate with each other. Pass it on to your fellow Inspectors.
    Home-Inspectors Twibe - Home-Inspectors Twitter Users

Thanks

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

Mike Truss Guy Guest

You can use Facebook and Twitter together and have posts go to both places with something called "Tweetdeck".

I dunna know. When I have a question on site, I just call someone "on the phone" and ask them. Get's me good feedback with the ability for them to ask clarifying questions.

Some friends are always texting each other. Don't know why they don't just pick up the phone and call each other.

Whatever works for you is good!

-

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Your correct Mike, but I use Twirl. It updates face book, pulse, It's also an unobtrusive pop up window about 2" long 1" high instead of a browser page. There are several apps that you can use.

Last edited by Mike Schulz; 04-24-2009 at 05:47 AM.
    Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

I prefer hooters and tweeters.