Default Does FHA require

Assuming an FHA loan and FHA knew the house had 3-prong outlets with no ground.

Would FHA require GFCI protection on 3-prong outlets that have no ground or would the stickers that indicate "no ground" be acceptable?

The house in question is in SC.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Does FHA require

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce King View Post
    Assuming an FHA loan and FHA knew the house had 3-prong outlets with no ground.

Would FHA require GFCI protection on 3-prong outlets that have no ground or would the stickers that indicate "no ground" be acceptable?

The house in question is in SC.
    Don't know about FHA but BOTH would be required anyway.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Some FHA appraiser I've seen don't know up from down, let alone an ungrounded outlet versus and grounded one. The answer is likely hinged upon whether or not the appraiser gets a copy of the report or not.

In my experience they either don't get the report or don't read it if they do. In my area it would be extremely unlikely for this to be required by an FHA appraiser. Not to say it's not important but apparently not enough people have been 'fried' to point where they can't pay their loan.

Ron Bibler Guest

Ran into an FHA appraiser a few weeks back. she was going room to room and inspecting just about everything i was. One thing i pointed out to her was info on Zinsco and STAB-LOC Panel. she did not have any info on these panels... ODD... She has the info now...

Best

Ron

M.Pondo Guest

They will usually require repairs to be completed before close , and they typically follow your report for items in need of repair. Grounds have been required since the early 60"s.If the house was built earlier establishing the ground is an upgrade-but still a ( safety) shock hazard the way they currrently are .
    Hope this helps!