mike huntzinger Guest

Default what is this chemical

found this today in a root cellar, had my mask on and warned the clients

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: what is this chemical

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

It is a insecticidal dust mainly for use on vegetable type crops and was used in CA.

As with any unused pesticide, it should be properly disposed.

Well, I never heard of cryolite being used as an insecticide! I’m not sure how it would be effective.

About an hundred years ago, when I was a fire assayer, we used to use cryolite, which is a naturally occurring mineral as a specialty flux. In fact there is an ancient photo of me as an assayer in my old precious metals lab:

Hazen Research

Anyone wanna guess what the suit and left glove I’m wearing are made of? Pity the furnace behind me isn’t in the photo, my lab partner and I dubbed it “The Voice of Hell.” We could melt anything – anything. (I actually set fire to the concrete floor of the building once! – a pyromaniac’s dream occupation!)

Rick's right! Should be disposed of ... have them send it to me! I will take care of it, and, out of the goodness of my charitable heart, I won't charge them a thing!

Cheers!
    Caoimh*n P. Connell
    Forensic Industrial Hygienist
    Forensic Industrial Hygiene

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG