Kevin Luce Guest

Default Video about ASHI/NAHI merger and why it fell through

Wow. It really sound like NAHI was not happy the way ASHI was doing things.

....explaining why the ASHI/NAHI merger fell through.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Video about ASHI/NAHI merger and why it fell through

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Luce View Post
    Wow. It really sound like NAHI was not happy the way ASHI was doing things.

....explaining why the ASHI/NAHI merger fell through.
    KL: In my opinion it fell through for the same reason that we still have multiple inspector professional organizations working against each other with no particular purpose in mind.

Well, of course, there is that little issue of the burning need for self-aggrandizement of the elected.

NAHI leadership certainly has an interesting take on this especially considering that they (the NAHI members of the task force) had the final say so/sign off on the survey questions and no decisions regarding the task force were made without their direct consultation and consent. The survey was also sent and analyzed by a third party company. I think the results will be in the next issue of the Reporter. It will be interesting to see the results.

One thing Dave doesn't tell his membership is that ASHI made the offer to have a joint IW '10 with them and that they declined this offer.

Maybe it will workout for the best, who knows what will happen down the road. I do know that ASHI is making strides to be as open to any NAHI member at just about every level of the organization. I know my chapter welcomes all NAHI and for the matter any other organization to our meetings and education sessions.

Looks like the video is a form of damage control on their part.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

The person behind the camera should have told him to scoot to the right just a little bit as he was blocking the 'n' in ahi.org ... er ... nahi.org.

I'll let the members of the two associations fight this out and run damage control, sounds like that is already happening from both sides.

I have no idea how NAHI operates, but I can tell you from past experience that ASHI never operated with the best interests of its members as the goal, only with the best interests of the board members as its goal. Which is why I did not renew back in, well, back in whenever that farce "ASHI Branding" crap was going on. Totally and permanently turned me off from ASHI.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

A.D. Miller Guest

Erby: Stay calm.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images