Default Jackpot - Zinsco and FPE

I have been seeing junk panels this week, a Zinsco design Sylvania yesterday; then today a 1959 vintage Zinsco with a FPE stab-loc on the addition. I am hoping this counts a the third one (as in bad things happen in three's)

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Default Re: Jackpot - Zinsco and FPE

The third one is in your house

Nope! not in my house, nor would it be for long if it did have one!

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Jim,

You going to laugh at this one. I had someone email me of your reports and ask if you had gone a bit to far on the report calling out everything you did.

He wanted to know if you'd went beyond the SOP's. I told him I sure hope you did.

I get these calls from sellers sometimes and they email me the report and ask what would I repair before they have another buyer show up.

Fix everything on the report is what I tell them.

I admit your report looked very professional and very through. Great Job!

rick

Wow, thanks Rick. High praise indeed coming from someone I respect.

You know I have never had a client tell me I was "too thorough, can you tone it down?"

Oh, yeah, the reason I came back, I miscounted. There were two FPE stab-loc panels and one Zinsco today. I guess bad things really do come in threes!

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ted Menelly Guest

Jim

I also have seen one of your reports. Yes, Good job Jim. You did that one some time ago. If you get better with time they must be even better. Good work deserves praise.

mathew stouffer Guest

Check out this beaut.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

If you did not know, Zinsco/Sylvania used FPE circuit breakers for everything above 225A & 240 volts, on my computer have a pic of a circa 1975-76 800A Zinsco switchboard in a church that has 3 makes of circuit breakers in it, Zinsco, FPE, and a I-T-E CordonĀ® for the exit signs, these were all factory installed.

Jake Guerrero Guest

Every now and then I've wondered how far a report will travel, especially if the buyers walk.

The only report I've seen in the wild from those who frequent this board is one of Rick's from late last year. It was a junker house which is what the report said.

Ted Menelly Guest

A few weeks ago I had a rash of cancallations due to previous reports that the buyers agent got at disclosure nd gave to their clients. The only good I got out of that was one of those reports was mine on a home I just inspected for another client. That client found my report much more detailed than the report he wound up getting by another inspector his Realtor lined up for him. He did not buy that home and the next home he found he used me to inspect it.

Yep, reports make their rounds. The one I saw of Jims, if I remember correctly, was from a year or 2 earlier on that home and was disclosed to my client.