MaMa Mount Guest

Default Gas appliance question

Can someone tell me please if this fire place surround to close to the heatilator gas fireplace appliance. When it was operating the temperature on the wood surround when taken with my raytek gun was over 130degrees.

Combustibles to close or not.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Smile Do we have clearance, Clarence?

MaMa, your exact answer lies with the listed instructions of that model Fp. However, as a general rule, combustibles cannot lap over the black metal face of the fireplace. In addition, the listing allows for a temp. rise of 117*F above ambient on the mantel.
    HTH,
    Bob

Keep the fire in the fireplace.

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Do we have clearance, Clarence?

In addition, the listing allows for a temp. rise of 117*F above ambient on the mantel.
    BH: Where can I find that in writing? It would be helpful for use with obstinate builders. Oops, sorry, obstinate and builder are synonymous terms, aren't they?

Default Re: Gas appliance question

mama

that things needs servicing. that glass is way to fogged over. that gasket around the glass has got to be fried. sort of works like the oil gasket around the head on your car. i recommend they service their gas fireplaces when i see you can't see in.and 130 degrees, where a good marshmellow when you need one

cvf