Default builder walks in on inspection blues

hey all

went down to pick up radon results today, inspection cancelled with client because of heavy snow. but what a blessing. so i did most of my inspection alone took all my pictures , and went home and completed my whole report, all that is left is my two + hour inspection with client on wednesday. it only snowed early this am, and radon was sitting there for 54 hours.

so while i'm there the builder walks in and tells me this house is perfect, so don't write any f$%*&$# thing up, and mean. i'm 6' 3" so brushed it off and my blood boiled alittle.

so i'm in the basement and furnace is missing filter, there is a floor joist missing a hanger, sump pit has water in it and can't get lid off, roof rubber plumbing flashing sucks, caulking sucks around all utility penetrations and there is bowed trim on second floor.

guess all is less then perfect, and who said "IT'S A NEW HOUSE IT DOESN'T NEED AN INSPECTION"

CHARLIE

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: builder walks in on inspection blues

I know it does not apply to ALL builders, just like it does not apply to ALL politicians and used car salespeople, but ...

Q. How can you tell when a builder is lying?

A. When their lips are moving.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Heh. Just had a very happy architect - and I'm going to have a very unhappy builder - at the moment I'm writing a report from yesterday's inspection documenting the various unwise ways in which the builder deviated from the plans.

With extremely unfortunate results.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Just curious, those of you that are licensed, under which board is the HI industry in your area. We were under the dept of health and now are under the construction Industries Board. Most of the powers that be under the CIB are builders. I know it is hard to believe, but they don't like us HIs very much. This was a recent move to go under CIB so we have a ways to go before we see what shakes out, but it could be interesting.

If it weren't for lawyers, we would never need them.

Texas is under the Real Estate Commission. I thought that was like the fox guarding the hen house but OK may have us beat!

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Wes Carlisle Guest

Alabama Building Commission.

NC Dept. of Insurance

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Instead of "builder" walks in on inspection, I experienced walking in on the builder today.

Right there he stood, peeing in the sink.

rick

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Instead of "builder" walks in on inspection, I experienced walking in on the builder today.

rick
    Sounds like an Eagles game at old Veteran's Stadium Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post

rick
    I am sure you did the same as I would have, told my client and insist they insist on a new sink, countertop and cabinet, you know how poor of a shot he was to have missed the toilet and hit the sink, he probably sprayed the entire bathroom, so new tile floor too, and new toilet, and, after all that is done, DON'T BUY THAT HOUSE, just think what the builder did if he did not care about peeing in the sink, and I would then advise my client to tell the local TV station - to spread the word what that builder thinks of his houses and his clients, and probably every other house the built - that would be one nice class action lawsuit to get the builder to buy back all of those homes at their original cost, considering their value is likely now less than before.

Boy, wouldn't that PISS him off?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Texas is under the Real Estate Commission. I thought that was like the fox guarding the hen house but OK may have us beat!
    Jim: If you think about the recent intertwining of TREC/TRCC, you will see that there is not a lot of difference. His advantage over us is that his sales agent organization has no authority over him. With us it is the agents AND the builders.