A.D. Miller Guest

Default Where's Da Booty?

Not that kind. I have never worn those shoe booties in my life, but now have and inspection looming where the $eller is obviously a freaking hypochondriac, or at least, is too lazy to clean his floors. So then, he wants me to go without shoes. That is not going to happen during this incarnation.

Where does one purchase the stupid things?

OREP Insurance

Default Re: Where's Da Booty?

Aaron,

I have some free shoe covers if you want them.

Let me know. I will drop them off to your home.

rick

Last edited by Rick Hurst; 05-06-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Don't want to get Tony M. on my case!

Talking Re: Where's Da Booty?

That is so nice of Rick to give Arron a free booty call.

Sorry, I could not resist, and I spelled Aaron wrong because in was in such a hurry to post first.

I got to go to another post the more I read Ricks reply the worse it gets.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mount View Post
    I got to go to another post the more I read Ricks reply the worse it gets.
    TM: Down boy!

HD or Lowe's have them with paint supplies and disposable coveralls.
    Grainger supply has better deals and wider selection.
    I don't wear them as a rule, but keep them on hand just in case.
    Be careful, they are slick. I have heard of some with non-skid soles but have not tried them.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

I wear them on every job.

I wear yesterdays pair while inspecting the exterior. Keeps my shoes clean and don't have to worry about dog poop.

I change to a new clean pair when entering the home. I choose the all plastic kind because I did not think the paper kind would hold up in wet grass. They can be a little slick sometimes.

I take them off when climbing out windows to inspect roofs, when going out to the garage, and when going out on decks. Put them back on when return to the living space.

I order from Palmflex. Product ID: Shoe:OXL
    Product Name: Safety Zone Shoe/Boot Covers OXL I order 300 at a time for about $21. They sell a variety of shoe covers, some with grip on the bottom and some not.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Whenever I do a home where the seller leaves a buch out for people to use. I take the whole pile. They were there for me anyway right?
    Most of the real estate offices have them too. Tell the broker to bring them for you.

I carry some moccasins that are "indoor only", as well as shoe covers. I almost never use either one.
    The last place I inspected where the owner insisted everyone take their shoes off, also had a large dog that kept running in and out of the house - to and from the muddy backyard.
    People. What are you gonna do?

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

I love those folks that never clean their floors that always insist you take your shoes off.

Or you look in the tub and it is black and growing unknown organisms and their religion depicts you take your shoes off.

I inspected a home last week that was a year and a half old that looked like they did not clean the carpet and tile in 5 years

Anyway, the paint department in Home depot has boxes of them for next to nothing.

A little edit here. Don't forget to take them off before entering the attic. The only almost oops I have had in an atic was because of those damn things. Very slippery on ceilings joists, especially combined with insulation.

Ebay has been the best source for me as far as price goes, I also cycle the covers & use them for the crawlspace when they are no longer suitable for the interior.

Clarksville Home Inspection
    JW Goad
    TN License #307 | KY License #2402

A.D. Miller Guest

Thanks everyone. I did not realize that these were in such wide use. I think they look really bizarre, like bonnets on your feet. Too wacked-out for my taste.

I think the prudes who require these should invest in one of these:

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

A.D. Miller Guest

Rick did drop off the booties this morning, but he got them from Ted:

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

my insurance company told me WEAR YOUR SAFE SHOES WHEN CLIMBLING LADDERS AND ON WOOD FLOORS--TILED FLOORS--LENOLIUM. thats enough for me. never wear booties, never will and i tell my buying agent and client to do what they want. their not going where i'm going. most of you have hit it right. clean your floors seller and let me do a safe job foR MYSELF

CVF

Whenever someone asks me to wear the shoe covers, I'll put on a pair and then after a few minutes of sliding my foot around on there floor I raise my shoe and show them the dirt on the shoe cover. I'll say something like, Glad I didn't get that on my clean shoes. Or I'll say my shoes was cleaner than your floor. They get the hint.

What bugs me is these people who "flip" these homes that are nothing more than turds with some fresh paint and new cheap builders grade carpeting. These are the ones that have the scrap carpet cut into runners across the floor and expect you not to get off of them while your there. I'll have foot prints all over that place.

rick

Randy Navarro Guest

I've been using these for years and love 'em.

Shoe Covers - Booties - "Protect your floors with Bootie Shoe Covers!"

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Gerry Martin Guest

ya--i carry an extra pair of sneakers exclusively for inside work. any type of inspection or repair work would have to be inherently more dangerous without shoes. i wonder what osha's take is?

I always carry a very clean pair of "indoor shoes" in my tool kit. When I'm working in a new or very cleaned up house, I just change to these shoes when I come inside for that part of the inspection. Nobody's complained yet.

And, just as an aside, I love finding things hidden or still wrong in flipped houses, especially those that were bought for $20,000, and are selling for $139,000.

I have slip on shoes just for the house with soft rubber bottoms. They are canvas top shoes with soft rubber soles. I do allot of homes (1 year warranty) from people from India and Korea. They won't let you in there home with shoes on so I wear the booties. I learned my lesson the first time I went in one and my socks had sticky oil all over them. There Kitchen has grease/oil splatter from one end to the other. Looks like the stove exploded all over the kitchen (all of them 100's).

I talked to a Brinks home security rep at a conference and told him it would be beneficial for them to supply home inspectors with there booties for advertisement because they have there name on them. They now hand them out to home inspectors in my area.

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com