Chuck U Farley Guest

Default False Advertising

Yes, I'm new to this board, but have been reading a ton of great posts. Thanks to all.
    I'm hoping to gather some direction from other quality home inspectors on how to address this issue, thanks in advance for your input.
    A local inspector I have known for a few years has recently started blatently lying about their credentials on internet ads and their web site.
    If reported to the state they are likely to only get their hands slapped.
    Several other local inspectors arre pondering waht to do.
    What would you do?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: False Advertising

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck U Farley View Post
    A local inspector I have known for a few years has recently started blatantly lying about their credentials on internet ads and their web site.
    Chuck,

First ... Welcome to THE inspectors board.

Second .. Florida is a BIG STATE ... WHERE in Florida are you? If you would, click on the 'User CP' link under the InspectionNews logo and enter that in your location. Thanks. It really helps us.

How would the state slap their hands?

What are they doing wrong? Major, minor, slightly chest beating, or overtly and outright lying? And about what?

There is probably not much you can do other than the rest of you local inspectors get together and ask him to explain what is going on, and, if the answer is unsatisfactory and is actually fraudulent, send a complaint to the state attorney's office and whomever else.

A hand slap is better than doing nothing if that inspector is really doing something.

Without more information, the best we can tell you is to talk to him first.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

And the same to you !!! double as a fatter of mact.
    The first thing I would do is be honest and print my name so we can determine who is the real Chucking Farley.
    DONKEY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wayne soper View Post
    The first thing I would do is be honest and print my name so we can determine who is the real Chucking Farley.
    DONKEY!!!
    Wayne,

Not unlike what I told him in a PM after he PM'd me, only I did it with more grace (or maybe her name was Alice?).

Right now, with no additional information, and your lack of willingness to post your location within Florida, your complaints sound like sour grapes.

To change that you would need to, yourself, be forthright about your location and what it is you are complaining about and who.

I really try to stay out of turf battles, which is why you are making this sound like.

Either put up the additional information requested or it will remain sounding like a turf battle, your words against his and his name is not even given.

I really am sorry, Chuck, but THAT IS what this sounds like without you being forthright about your information, location, etc., it all IS part of being the better party in the conflict and being the one to be believed.
    If he cannot be honest and forthright, it is all to easy to suspect, and all too often ends being true, that he is the one with the problem/causing the problem.

We shall see how he responds and how forthright and honest he is.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

DONKEY!!!
    Yeow !

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Oops.
    back to the BQ Grill.
    * time to flip them wings..

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

In my area, we are REQUIRED to report violations of standards to the state .

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    In my area, we are REQUIRED to report violations of standards to the state .
    Jim,

Florida does not yet have full state licensing, and what was passed may not have even been funded by the legislature, what with the legislature trying to come up with a shortfall of something like $7.5 Billion.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Jim,

Florida does not yet have full state licensing, and what was passed may not have even been funded by the legislature, what with the legislature trying to come up with a shortfall of something like $7.5 Billion.

You don't have to have a state license of any kind to be held to fair and honest business practices. One is legally bound not to lie to the buying public in any kind of business. What it would take is some form of legal action as with out a licensing government body behind that type of business there is no direct enforcement unless a client or group of inspectors brings it to court or depending on the state there may be particular investigative bodies for just that sort of thing.

Ted, Jim,

He mentioned "engineers" and "engineering" and there is a Board of Engineers, and that is serious stuff, which is why I recommended that course of action above.

However, remember, we do not have an honest and forthright person presenting information to us yet - we do not know his name, where in Florida, or any other real information about the complainant himself, yet he wants us to help address something he perceives to be the case.

We need honestly and forthrightness from him first, THEN (and only then) can his complaints be taken seriously.

If "the other inspector" is a member of this board, I wonder if he posts here and if he will post here on this? Maybe he has some important input we need to hear?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Ted, Jim,

He mentioned "engineers" and "engineering" and there is a Board of Engineers, and that is serious stuff, which is why I recommended that course of action above.

However, remember, we do not have an honest and forthright person presenting information to us yet - we do not know his name, where in Florida, or any other real information about the complainant himself, yet he wants us to help address something he perceives to be the case.

We need honestly and forthrightness from him first, THEN (and only then) can his complaints be taken seriously.

If "the other inspector" is a member of this board, I wonder if he posts here and if he will post here on this? Maybe he has some important input we need to hear?
    Anyone that even brings the false name of F U Charlie (obviously not chuck U Farley) can not be trusted in himself. He is more than likely the one lying about everything and is trying to figure out which actions may be taken against him so as to plan his next move.

The ignorance of even picking the name Chuck U Farley is just an insult to all. If that were to be his name then he has a serious problem in the fact that he never got it changed. Just going thru life like that has to be hell or maybe he gets a good chuckle out of it. In either case he has issues that he needs to address.

Mabey he just wants to see how long you all will pontificate over nothing.
    Ignore him until he comes clean or goes away.
    Last post on this please!!

Steven Meyer Guest

[QUOTE=Chuck U Farley;83936]Yes, I'm new to this board, but have been reading a ton of great posts. Thanks to all.
    I'm hoping to gather some direction from other quality home inspectors on how to address this issue, thanks in advance for your input.
    A local inspector I have known for a few years has recently started blatently lying about their credentials on internet ads and their web site.
    Several other local inspectors arre pondering waht to do.

What would you do?

MIND MY OWN BUSINESS. Who the heck appointerd you the hall monitor!!

Suggest you worry and concern yourself with how you can be successful, if that's possible for you, and not be the neighborhood snitch!! And, YOU had better to be squeky clean before you spout your mouth off!!

Ted Menelly Guest

Oooh

You sound like you might be just a little sensitive on this issue Steve

Steven Meyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Oooh

You sound like you might be just a little sensitive on this issue Steve
    Not me!! One, this yoyo uses a fake name, and if this is of concern to him (which it is not), then he can be a MAN and face the offender.

Two, if what he (the poster claims to be true), the offender will be found out soon enough and out of business.

If you find a need to hide, as I amume he will with any "complaint" to the "authorities", he SUCKES.

Be MAN enough to stand up for what you believe, and be able to back it up.

If you can't do the above, mind your own business!!

I question his motive, just geting involved in a situation such as this, what's the upside for him? Does he have a grudge? Did he lose an inspection? Just doesn't like the guy?

To many unanswered questions as to motive!

Last edited by Steven Meyer; 05-10-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Steven Meyer Guest

ALSO

This guy could post his real name, and out all "the other" inspectors that have a problem with this "false advertising" inspector.

There is more to this than the poster has revealed.

Kinda like "now the rest of the story"!!

This guy needs to get a LIFE!!!

Steven Meyer Guest

Think I just saw chuck U farley, in a phone both, changing clothes, yes that's him!! It's a bird, it's a plane, NO its super jerk!

OPs, my mistake, he was jerking something else!

The guy is a LOSER!