Thread: Bird Nests

Default Bird Nests

Do the rest of you mention bird nests, like when they are on porch lights, beams above the patio, etc. I usually recommend removing them, but then I feel bad for the birds. Apart from pooping all over the exterior, they usually don't hurt anything. However, if it were my house it would be gone.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Default Re: Bird Nests

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Steven Meyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    Do the rest of you mention bird nests, like when they are on porch lights, beams above the patio, etc. I usually recommend removing them, but then I feel bad for the birds. Apart from pooping all over the exterior, they usually don't hurt anything. However, if it were my house it would be gone.
    I would call it out as a code violation, multiple dwelling in a single dwelling neighborhood! I would also, charge rent, and get a rental agreement with the birds, to clean up before they leave! AND no sub letting next year!!

Some, like myself, find it fun/enjoyable watching the little family "grow up"! You can mention it, but why, the birds will be back next year, even if you remove the nests!

You might want to spend more time on a quality inspection of the house, leave the damn birds alone. not a big deal!

Guess Twetty is not welcome at your house!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Meyer View Post
    ...Guess Twetty is not welcome at your house!!
    Tweety not happy.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Steven Meyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Tweety not happy.
    GOOD ONE!!!!! And they say you can't have fun on this board!!!

All those in favor of Tweety, raise your hand!!! All five fingers, please!!

Sometimes you have to go a bit to find the nest!

Three Little Egss: Cockamamie Home Inspection Photos from B4U Close Home Inspections

-

Last edited by Erby Crofutt; 05-18-2009 at 04:40 AM.
    Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

"Check out the nest" and move on, unless it's starlings in the attic, that's a hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Meyer View Post
    You might want to spend more time on a quality inspection of the house, leave the damn birds alone. not a big deal!
    If you read to OP's question he is asking our opinion and pretty much seems to be leaning towards not mentioning them. I can't really see how he's implying that he is not doing a quality inspection... please explain.