Thread: deep sump pit

Default deep sump pit

The bottom floor of this town home had a slab that was two levels. The sump pit was installed in the higher level slab. It was placed deep enough to serve drain tile of the lower slab.

The result is the crocks top edge is well below the slab. The loose soil between the slab and crock top was undermining the tha slab and some had fallen into the crock.

I described it and wrote it up. My question is, what could a contractor do at this point to improve this situation?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: deep sump pit

Use a taller container, or stack the same type and backfill with concrete to prevent undermining of the slab

That look like a 22" or 24" deep basin, 30" (another standard size) might be deep enough.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

The hole was 38" deep, not including the dirt that has already fallen into the crock.

It's the season for wrong sump pits for me. Last week I had another that was only 12" deep.

shallow

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images