Default iNachi claims CR recommends them exclusively

OREP Insurance
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Default Re: iNachi claims CR recommends them exclusively

LOL.. At 6:30 there were 78 registered members on this site and 40 on that one.
    Desperate people do, and say desperate things, and even lie to get the next newbys $s.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 05-18-2009 at 06:52 AM.

John McKenna Guest

In that publication, InterNACHI is recommended.

No surprise that the person quoted in the article was given input, his article, his information, this was not an objective article from a disinterested party no matter how you spin it.
    When I am asked my opinions, I give it, no surprise that Nick was self serving with his comments.
    To say that the magazine recommends hiring a Nacho inspector exclusively is a little disingenuous and self serving but hey politicians get away with this type of crap everyday and we still elect them! It was not like the magazine did a scientific study, that appears to be just a filler story with no real research.
    I would have expected more from Consumer Reports though, I have lost some respect for them since they did publish a biased story without fact checking.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

That booklet has been out for several years, it is not the same as the Consumer Reports magazine. That booklet as it says is from the "Editors" of Consumer Reports.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Kevin Luce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    That booklet has been out for several years, it is not the same as the Consumer Reports magazine. That booklet as it says is from the "Editors" of Consumer Reports.
    By having "Consumer Reports" at the lower right gives the book credibility in the eyes of the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Luce View Post
    By having "Consumer Reports" at the lower right gives the book credibility in the eyes of the general public.
    That is true, but all of that is lost on a single visit to the INACHI website!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Kevin Luce Guest

Ouch!

Steven Meyer Guest

[QUOTE=Dan Harris;85180]LOL.. At 6:30 there were 78 registered members on this site and 40 on that one.

Guess that tells ya who gets more business!!

Were you still in your jammies?

Steven Meyer Guest

If it is from the editors, it's from consumer reports, they are one and the same.

Or are you calling the editors dishonest? They edit all publications by CU.

BTW I am not a fan of consumer reports.

Steven Meyer Guest

AND probably yours!

If it is from the editors, it's from consumer reports, they are one and the same.

Or are you calling the editors dishonest? They edit all publications by CU.

BTW I am not a fan of consumer reports.
    Couldn't the editors of CR write something up during their time off, and then say that the book is from the editor's of CR? It wouldn't necessarily mean that they had CR's blessing for writing that book.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Meyer View Post
    AND probably yours!
    SM: I have to agree with you here and against Scott. The fact is that INACHI never had any credibility to lose. Never will.

Kevin Luce Guest

Thank God that ASHI, InterNACHI or NAHI does not play a role in my business or life. I just don't know how belonging to one of these organizations can make anyone feel so high and mighty.

I remember these basic coversations when I was a kid. Is the "my father can beat up your father" still talked about?

Steven Meyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Whitmore View Post
    Couldn't the editors of CR write something up during their time off, and then say that the book is from the editor's of CR? It wouldn't necessarily mean that they had CR's blessing for writing that book.
    The editors ARE consumers report! If it has consumer report on its cover, it has the blessing of CR.

The editors ARE consumers report! If it has consumer report on its cover, it has the blessing of CR.
    Actually Consumer Reports is published by Consumers Union. This is a link to the CU website and it list all of their books and booklet publications
    Consumers Union Publications as of 2007

For some reason I did not see the item in question. I wonder who printed it?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Steven Meyer Guest

Actually Consumer Reports is published by Consumers Union. This is a link to the CU website and it list all of their books and booklet publications
    Consumers Union Publications as of 2007

For some reason I did not see the item in question. I wonder who printed it?
    Lets see if I can put this in a contex even you might understand.

Consumer union is the parent company of consumers reports.

Any publication, writted by the editors of CR, or a John Doe, that would put the consumers report logo on their front cover, with out the knowledge and/or consent of CU, would be in for one hell of a law suite.

Being that this really has your whities all knoted up, why don't you take this up with CU, and ask them why your beloved ASHI didn't get equal time. Your gripe should be with CU/CR, not with NACHI. Get over it, your boys dropped the ball!

From the Consumer Reports website:

We encourage you to report any apparent commercial use of Consumer Reports content (in advertising or for any other commercial purpose). To do so, send us a message at nocomm@legal.consumer.org

Report a violation to the No Commercial Use Policy

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post

We encourage you to report any apparent commercial use of Consumer Reports content (in advertising or for any other commercial purpose). To do so, send us a message at nocomm@legal.consumer.org

Hmmm .... "We encourage you to report any apparent commerical use in advertizing or any other commercial purpose"

Interesting info. Looks like their legal dept may be interested with this info.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 05-19-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Any publication, writted by the editors of CR, or a John Doe, that would put the consumers report logo on their front cover, with out the knowledge and/or consent of CU, would be in for one hell of a law suite.

Being that this really has your whities all knoted up, why don't you take this up with CU, and ask them why your beloved ASHI didn't get equal time. Your gripe should be with CU/CR, not with NACHI. Get over it, your boys dropped the ball!
    Maybe you can understand why ASHI doesnt use this type of marketing to the public, or use it in an attempt get new members.
    With this

A google search using the terms "consumer reports" and "nachi" finds many home inspector websites claiming CR endorsement. I saw at least one actually using the CR logo.

A.D. Miller Guest

So then, I sent my complaint to Consumers Union about this issue. I certainly hope that everyone else on this forum does so as well.

Dude, you're the one that has brought up ASHI. Not one other person has mentioned any other association, even the non-affiliated inspectors. You are so ready to jump on anyone or anything that presents truthful negative information about your beloved organization. Why do you feel the need to defend Nick and his organization? FYI, it is Context not contex.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 05-20-2009 at 06:07 AM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Steven Meyer Guest

[QUOTE=Dan Harris;85389]Maybe you can understand why ASHI doesnt use this type of marketing to the public, or use it in an attempt get new members.
    With this

DANNY BOY

I will agree, ASHI doesn't use any "advertising" to the public.
    They, instead, court the realtors, and lobby the states legislators to anoint themselves through licensing.
    They can't win in the free market system.

Last edited by Steven Meyer; 05-20-2009 at 09:40 AM.

A.D. Miller Guest

Dude, you're the one that has brought up ASHI. Not one other person has mentioned any other association, even the non-affiliated inspectors. You are so ready to jump on anyone or anything that presents truthful negative information about your beloved organization. Why do you feel the need to defend Nick and his organization? FYI, it is Context not contex.
    Scott: Gromicko is indefensible. But, you can't really blame him for his condition. First he fried his brain working with radioactive materials, then (once suitably brain dead) he became a RE/MAX agent. Now he has his nasty little fingers in all sorts of pies, infecting everything he touches with sleaze.

He has however, done one thing right. He has not moved to my hometown. That would surely be his last official act.

A.D. Miller Guest

I will agree, ASHI doesn't use any "advertising" to the public.
    They, instead, court the realtors, and lobby the states legislators to anoint themselves through licensing.
    They can't win the free market system.
    SM: Though I think your defense of the N word and his little gaggle of morons shows just how deluded you may be, I must agree with you on this one point.

The ASHI leadership has never understood marketing, does not understand it now, and likely never will. Too busy being self-important twits, you know. They (and I am included myself here) are now bitching about Gromicko's cancerous growth in the profession as if it is his fault alone. They need to take a long, hard look in the mirror and realize that this has just as much to do with their inaction as it does with Gromicko's action.

Sitting around in a circle and playing with themselves by Robert's Rules of Order may seem very parliamentary, but it is counterproductive. Gromicko, for all his many faults, has never had a problem understanding the free market system.

ASHI should have hired him when they had the chance. They will all be working for him before all is said and done. It's not what I want, but what I see as inevitable.

Steven Meyer Guest

First off, the name is Steven, not DUDE! Get a life, act your age.

You brought up negative against an organization, just because you don't agree as to their mention in CR.

First off, it is true that the editors of CR did "recommend" NACHI, so what is untruthful? Therefore, your "truthful negative
    information" is not TURTHFUL!!!

If you have a gripe that your name wasn't mentioned in CR, you have the right to gripe to CR (see John Arnold post above), you can cancel your subscription to CR, never buy one again, and can even go so far as to demonstrate in front of their corp headquarters.

I don't need to defend Nick or his orgasnization, think he is quite capable of doing so himself.

So, DUDE, call, write, protest, Consumer Reports. Just maybe you can get them to retract their recommendation, and recomend you!

You brought up negative against an organization, just because you don't agree as to their mention in CR.

First off, it is true that the editors of CR did "recommend" NACHI, so what is untruthful? Therefore, your "truthful negative

If you have a gripe that your name wasn't mentioned in CR, you have the right to gripe to CR (see John Arnold post above), you can cancel your subscription to CR, never buy one again, and can even go so far as to demonstrate in front of their corp headquarters.

I don't need to defend Nick or his orgasnization, think he is quite capable of doing so himself.

So, DUDE, call, write, protest, Consumer Reports. Just maybe you can get them to retract their recommendation, and recomend you!
    Dude, just chill a bit. You're going to blow a few blood vessels with anger like that. All I did was to publish a link to what Consumer Union shows on their website, (prints Consumer Reports and all associated publications) and it did not show the booklet that John Arnold showed. I don't know, but maybe this is telling us that it might not have been printed by them. Or, it is possible that it was a contract print in the way of an advertisement for whoever paid for the booklets.

As for canceling my subscription to CR, I can't! I don't even have one, never had and never will.

Take a deep breath and go and get your paperwork in order so you can get your Washington State home inspector license.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Dude, just chill a bit. You're going to blow a few blood vessels with anger like that. All I did was to publish a link to what Consumer Union shows on their website, (prints Consumer Reports and all associated publications) and it did not show the booklet that John Arnold showed. I don't know, but maybe this is telling us that it might not have been printed by them. Or, it is possible that it was a contract print in the way of an advertisement for whoever paid for the booklets.

As for canceling my subscription to CR, I can't! I don't even have one, never had and never will.

Take a deep breath and go and get your paperwork in order so you can get your Washington State home inspector license.

Now that's funny. I could of sworn that you were the Dude

!
    Now stevie Fess up, we all know that just a few days ago you stated that you could not afford to join nickies club, then low and behold you were an instantly certified nicko lackie, just 2 days after making that post.

Hmmm. Looks like you finally found somebody to pass his test for you..
    Then nicko gave you a free membership just to get another promoter for his bogus certs.

We also know that nickos COE states that you are required to honor, obey, and promote nickey. When you add it all up, Kinda looks like you made a deal with the devil

You can claim you don't need to defend nicko all you want, and deny doing so, BUT , you didn't start defending him UNTIL after he certified you

Looks like Consumer Reports is now aware of the issue and the members who believed what the owner of INACHI put in print, are the ones who are now suffering.
    NACHI Inspectors Recommended by Consumer Reports???? - InterNACHI Message Board

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Kevin Luce Guest

Looks like Consumer Reports is now aware of the issue and the members who believed what the owner of INACHI put in print, are the ones who are now suffering.
    NACHI Inspectors Recommended by Consumer Reports???? - InterNACHI Message Board
    I don't think the word "suffering" can be used. Lesson learned I think would be better. All this guy had to do is read the article to find out that the statement made by Nick was incorrect. Not only did he not read the article but then he added information about Consumer Reports to his website without knowing if it was allowed.

The only suffering this guy had is to take that information off his website (it might have helped him pick up a job or two during the few years while it was on his website). I just hope it helped this guy learn that nobody should take things at face value. Look into it and find out for yourself. I think he also learned that while InterNACHI has some benefits, there are also flaws just like everything we deal with.

Wade Johnson Guest

Hello. So InterNachi just sent me an e-mail asking me to join them & showing quite a long list of perks. I am currently a CRI member with NAHI for the last 7 years. Is InterNachi a credible company or not.

Kevin Luce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Johnson View Post
    Hello. So InterNachi just sent me an e-mail asking me to join them & showing quite a long list of perks. I am currently a CRI member with NAHI for the last 7 years. Is InterNachi a credible company or not.
    Just a credible as ASHI or NAHI. If the perks and other factors work for you, join them. Same goes with ASHI. I think some people expect or want these organization to be more than they really are.

Let's face it, Nicko is a master huckster and what surprises me is that he wastes time with such a small industry when he could be on Wall Street running a future, options, or swaps market? Perhaps that pond is to big for him?

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

It all depends on what you consider credible and what and who you want to be associated with.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

If your looking for auctual perks, that you can get here FREE , your best bet is just being a member of this free site.

If your looking for some blown up worthless hype, looking to be associated with , and part of the largest web site [ thats open for all the public to read] of the home inspectors version of Globe or National Enquire, or believe and support a person that states, inspectors that do not pay the owner of that org are sc_m bags, stupid and other slander, well ....

As Brian reminds us, don't forget to click on the advertizers here to see all the bennies offered here with no membership dues

Last edited by Dan Harris; 05-28-2009 at 08:25 AM.