Thread: Woven Valley

mathew stouffer Guest

Default Woven Valley

I remember a post similar to this about a year ago. The insurance company is making a fuss over whether or not the roof valleys are woven. What are you thoughts on this installation and the insurance companies stance?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Woven Valley

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    I remember a post similar to this about a year ago. The insurance company is making a fuss over whether or not the roof valleys are woven. What are you thoughts on this installation and the insurance companies stance?
    MS: There is nothing wrong with a woven valley installation. There is certainly something wrong with insurance companies' stances on most things.

A.D. Miller Guest

OK, before the resident nitpickers start in, I will further qualify that statement. Some manufacturers do not recommend woven valleys with laminated shingles because the laminated shingles can buckle and become damaged when shaped into the valley.

Your photo depicts other than a laminated shingle, so barring any information from the shingle manufacturer to the contrary, the woven valley illustrated is acceptable.

Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    The insurance company is making a fuss over whether or not the roof valleys are woven.
    How does the insurance company know the house even has valleys? And woven one's at that?

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    How does the insurance company know the house even has valleys? And woven one's at that?
    DD: Adjuster goes out, between trips to the local pub, and looks at roofs from his car at the curb; knows as much about roofs as the home owners, sometimes; and does whatever the "inshawunz cumpny" tells him to, i.e. deny claims and make the policy holders beg for everything.

mathew stouffer Guest

They don't know, the roof was to high to access. Now they want to know.

John Brown Guest

They don't even have to get out of their swivel chairs. There are no secrets.

EagleView Technologies, Inc.

Pictometry - The Aerial Oblique Photography Company

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    They don't even have to get out of their swivel chairs. There are no secrets.

EagleView Technologies, Inc.

Pictometry - The Aerial Oblique Photography Company
    JB: Interesting. Does this work for surveyors as well?

mathew stouffer Guest

I have to admit the roof was pretty high