Stephen G Sheldon Guest

Default Omni board siding

Can anyone tell me about this siding and problems associated with it? I.ve heard its been a problem. How can it be identified?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Omni board siding

SS: Just another of Masonite's common sense holidays -

Composite Siding Identification by Siding Solutions, Inc.

Stephen G Sheldon Guest

Thanks. Are there any other web sites that you recommens that talk about omni-board?

Not sure about other sites but the stuff is generally junk. I'll usually tell people it's very similar to LP but just got less publicity because there was less of it installed (at least in my area).

Some of the composites from that era perform marginally better than others but they're all going to be a problem at some point long before solid wood or cement fiber siding will.

Here are some pics from an inspection I did last week. It might in fact be OMNI brand... I don't spend too much time looking for the exact brand.... it really doesn't change what I say about it.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

All wood fiber board AKA Masonite is crap. Gives a new meaning to "people Living in Cardboard Boxes"

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen G Sheldon View Post
    Thanks. Are there any other web sites that you recommens that talk about omni-board?
    SS: The product makeup says it all: OSB with a composite veneer. **** on a shingle.

A.D. Miller Guest

Well scheisse. I guess the Hann's foo dogs won't let a man say merde on this forum. You can say it on 500 television channels and in the printed media. But hell no, not here. Not in the venue noted for free speech. What is this world coming to anyway?

Last edited by A.D. Miller; 05-25-2009 at 01:11 PM.