Default HVAC Return Loop

Greetings All,

I'm trying to reach an HVAC tech on this, in the meantime, I'd appreciate your feedback. I did an 11mos. warranty inspection and found this.

A split unit a/c servicing the upstairs has a duct that appears to loop from the supply to the return with no branches. A weighted damper is installed in the middle of the run.

Has anyone seen this?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: HVAC Return Loop

Yes, usually part of a zoned system to allow pressure bleed off when part of the system is off.
    What is your question?

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: HVAC Return Loop

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Scher View Post
    Greetings All,

I'm trying to reach an HVAC tech on this, in the meantime, I'd appreciate your feedback. I did an 11mos. warranty inspection and found this.

A split unit a/c servicing the upstairs has a duct that appears to loop from the supply to the return with no branches. A weighted damper is installed in the middle of the run.

Has anyone seen this?
    Love that sediment trap, sideways, not traps, cleanouts or venting and I love the idea of the duct being on top of the unit to keep it warm/cold, and the foam blocks the entire unit is supported by.

Oh yeah, back to the question, As Jim said, I think, ballancing the system