Default Location Pushmatic bonding jumper/screw

Service equipment, Chicago conduit installation, where is/should be the bonding jumper/screw on this panel?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Default Re: Location Pushmatic bonding jumper/screw

Michael,

Looks like that might be a "suitable for service equipment only" panel in which case the neutral/ground terminal block would probably already be attached to the enclosure.

However, if that is the service equipment, and that conduit at the bottom is for the service entrance conductors as it appears to be, then you not only have a derating issue but a issue with the circuit conductors being run in the same conduit as the service entrance conductors are run in - that is not good, or allowed. If those are feeders, that would be acceptable, but derating would still be needed.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I trust you found your answer on another MB.

I can't help, but I can post my 2 pics worth and bump your thread. The first is a service panel, neutral is clamped to the panel, ground is the conductor above it, wrapped in tape. There is a white cloth-wrapped jumper from there to the neutral bus, pic 3.
    Pic 2 is from today's condo, so the neutral is not bonded. Wires are in conduit. It is a subordinate panel.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by John Kogel; 06-08-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    Pic 2 is from today's condo, so the neutral is not bonded. Wires are in conduit. It is a subordinate panel.
    "subordinate panel"???

"Subordinate" to what, the main disconnect? They all are.

Guess all panels are "subordinate" panels???

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    "subordinate panel"???

"Subordinate" to what, the main disconnect? They all are.

Guess all panels are "subordinate" panels???
    No, when in a combination panel with the main disconnect, they are higher ranking.

No, when in a combination panel with the main disconnect, they are higher ranking.
    Oh ... so if the panel is "part of" the service equipment, then it becomes a General Panel? Got it.

By the way, those panels are still "subordinate" to the service disconnect ... but I already said that.

What are split bus panels ... Colonel Panels?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Oh ... so if the panel is "part of" the service equipment, then it becomes a General Panel? Got it.

By the way, those panels are still "subordinate" to the service disconnect ... but I already said that.

What are split bus panels ... Colonel Panels?
    They're not submarines, that much I do know.
    The Subordinates are under control of breakers in the superior panels, which are known far and wide as ...

The Subordinates are under control of breakers in the superior panels, which are known far and wide as ...
    That's just what I said ... even if the panel is "part of" the service equipment the panel is subordinate to the service equipment, so trying to justify calling them ... is fruitless as that would mean there were NO other types of panels.

When in reality there are only "panels" and EVERYONE knows they are panels. SOME feel obligated to add other names before the "panel" part, such as "distribution" "panels", "remote" "panels", or some even feel obligated to change the name to something like "loadcenters".

If you feel obligated to add something in front of "panels" make it "electric" "panels".

Some people even try to call some panels "main" panels when they only have 4-8 breakers, yet the real "main" panel has the other 42 breakers in it. Those people need to get real and realize that *all* electrical panels, loadcenters, distribution panels, etc., are still "electrical panels", or "panels" for short when discussing electrical systems.

It gets amazing the lengths some will go to just so they can call something by a name it is not.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com