A.D. Miller Guest

Default Grand Slamarillo

My wife is participating in a tennis tournament in - of all places - Amarillo this coming Friday - Sunday. OMG. I have always considered Amarillo to be a pee stop on the way to Santa Fe. All I know of it is the miles of motels and truck stops on the main highway.

Is there anybody out there who knows of anything other than eating 10lb steaks or looking at old buried Cadillacs that one can do there for that length of time?

Help!

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Grand Slamarillo

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    My wife is participating in a tennis tournament in - of all places - Amarillo this coming Friday - Sunday. OMG. I have always considered Amarillo to be a pee stop on the way to Santa Fe. All I know of it is the miles of motels and truck stops on the main highway.

Is there anybody out there who knows of anything other than eating 10lb steaks or looking at old buried Cadillacs that one can do there for that length of time?

Help!
    Uh, I guess watching the tennis tournament is out of the question?

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

You could go out to Palo Duro or Caprock Canyons and listen to the total silence. It also has some great views.

rick

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Uh, I guess watching the tennis tournament is out of the question?
    JA: That would be quite correct.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    You could go out to Palo Duro or Caprock Canyons and listen to the total silence. It also has some great views.

rick
    Rick: I've been there. Besides that's yet another 5-hour round trip through the speed trap towns out there. Once you've been to Arizona's canyon, it's hard to get high on Palo Duro.