Default Manabloc install

Completely ignored the manufacturer's instructions to clamp the tubing within 6 inches so it doesn't curve away from the connection.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Manabloc install

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Completely ignored the manufacturer's instructions to clamp the tubing within 6 inches so it doesn't curve away from the connection.
    JA: You mean, plumber's read instructions?

A.D. Miller Guest

Sorry for the extra "'"

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    Sorry for the extra "'"
    The Apostrophe Troll will get you.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)

Joshua Hardesty Guest

JA: You mean, plumber's read instructions?
    For every poor job one of my plumbing brethren does, there's an equally poor home inspection done that lets it slide.

" For every poor job one of my plumbing brethren does, there's an equally poor home inspection done that lets it slide. "

I am not usually critical of post I disagree with, BUT, that is about the dumbest argument I've heard.

What do you and your "brothers" do, take an oath to defend one another no mater how stupid of something one of you do?

Or is it?
    I know that's not the way it should have been done, but if I had known that you were going to look at it, I would'nt have done it that way.

When you say "...lets it slide."
    Don't you really mean, "did'nt catch me".

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Hardesty View Post
    For every poor job one of my plumbing brethren does, there's an equally poor home inspection done that lets it slide.

I fully agree Joshua, there are bozos in every phase, trade, and discipline in construction, and not even limited to construction - it applies to everything in which humans participate in.

It is just a fact of life, or death if done that wrong.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Joshua Hardesty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    " For every poor job one of my plumbing brethren does, there's an equally poor home inspection done that lets it slide. "

I am not usually critical of post I disagree with, BUT, that is about the dumbest argument I've heard.

What do you and your "brothers" do, take an oath to defend one another no mater how stupid of something one of you do?

Or is it?
    I know that's not the way it should have been done, but if I had known that you were going to look at it, I would'nt have done it that way.

When you say "...lets it slide."
    Don't you really mean, "did'nt catch me".
    Not at all, I pride myself on not slacking and trying to bend the code.

Am I perfect? No. Do I sometimes forget something, forget a strap here, forget a nailguard there, sure. Do inspectors occasionally miss something? Yes. I'm not talking about that.

There are things done so obviously wrong, that both the plumber should've known better and the inspector should've caught. Heaters not elevated, no expansion tanks, I don't know, I'm sure you could think of hundreds of things you've seen.

I had a code inspector come into a townhome I just roughed in. Two story. Crawlspace was tiny -- actually only about a foot from dirt to joist. Major pain in the butt to rough in, you had to be careful you didn't build yourself a PVC cage under that one.

Inspector comes in, looks around on the first floor, then signs it off. Doesn't even peek underneath, or upstairs. I could've just stubbed the pipes down through the floor, he never would've known.

Now, it pisses me off when I get a call to fix a job a plumber's done remarkably wrong, and/or grossly overcharged for.

It equally pisses me off when I do honest work, and the people that are supposed to care about such things, don't. I'm okay because I did the job to code. If he does a poor job on my work, the only thing damaged is my opinion of him. But what about a horribly shoddy job, that he does an equally shoddy job of looking over?

I know you're not all code inspectors in here. But I think it's alright to bring up that story since you both have a minimum instruction set to work from.

Anyways, point is...

I don't defend every plumber working out there. I do light-heartedly defend myself when I'm included in a blanket statement.

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    The Apostrophe Troll will get you.
    Actually, quotation marks would be beyond the scope of the apostrophe troll.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Actually, quotation marks would be beyond the scope of the apostrophe troll.
    Apostrophe Troll, you're falling down on the job! It's not quotation marks, it's the apostrophe he used in the word "plumber's"!

A.D. Miller Guest

Anyways, point is...

I don't defend every plumber working out there. I do light-heartedly defend myself when I'm included in a blanket statement.
    JH: Actually the point is, that if I wanted to talk about you in particular, I would just dive right in. Blanket statements do not include you. Now, if you want a direct hit, just say so. Stop wearing your plumber's license on your sleeve. It could fall off in a scuffle.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    I fully agree Joshua, there are bozos in every phase, trade, and discipline in construction, and not even limited to construction - it applies to everything in which humans participate in.

It is just a fact of life, or death if done that wrong.
    JP: Problem with that is that JH thinks there are the same number of bad plumbers as HIs. Since the wrench monkeys must outnumber the toilet flushers by a factor of at least 50, I would say his math, and yours, is off by that same factor.

JP: Problem with that is that JH thinks there are the same number of bad plumbers as HIs. Since the wrench monkeys must outnumber the toilet flushers by a factor of at least 50, I would say his math, and yours, is off by that same factor.
    Aaron,

I see your problem there, you are talking thinking we are talking in "numbers", instead we are talking in "percentages".

There are just as many bad plumbers (percentage-wise) as there are bad home inspectors (percentage-wise).

There are more plumbers, so ... ... the factor between the numbers does not matter.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Aaron,

I see your problem there, you are talking thinking we are talking in "numbers", instead we are talking in "percentages".

There are just as many bad plumbers (percentage-wise) as there are bad home inspectors (percentage-wise).

There are more plumbers, so ... ... the factor between the numbers does not matter.
    JP: Actually what the man said was this:

"For every poor job one of my plumbing brethren does, there's an equally poor home inspection done that lets it slide. "

That, mine fine-pointed friend, has nothing to do with percentages. It is simply wrong.