Ryan Stouffer Guest

Default Incorrectly installed supply lines

Are these supply lines allowed to be exposed. Also, what is the purpose of this waste plumbing. It is coming from the tpr valve of the water heater but then branches off and some of it runs behind the wall and dumps into the waste plumbimg from an adjacent bathroom sink.

Thanks,

Ryan

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Incorrectly installed supply lines

The supply pipes are not an issue. But the T&P valve discharge pipe is not allowed to have other things tied in with it I would believe this to be the issue with any code no matter where you are.Also the covers for the electrical connections are missing, that is a violation as well.

As for the piping being plastic in Illinois the T&P must discharge in the same room as the water heater, and must be metallic pipe with no threads on the bottom of it.

Ryan,

There are so many things wrong in that photo that I don't know where to start ...

But let's start with that line off the T&P SAFETY relief valve ... no, that is not allowed.

Now ... have a plumber correct that and EVERYTHING ELSE they find wrong - which will be a bunch.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Ryan,

There are so many things wrong in that photo that I don't know where to start ...

But let's start with that line off the T&P SAFETY relief valve ... no, that is not allowed.

Now ... have a plumber correct that and EVERYTHING ELSE they find wrong - which will be a bunch.
    Jerry is right.. the more I look at the photo's the more I want to edit my post. Tell them to get a plumber to correct all violations.

Is that a smoke detector on top of the WH?

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

mathew stouffer Guest

I think Coco the monkey installed that unit.