Default Know anything about these shingles?

I have not ever seen these plastic feux slate shingles. This was on a 2mil 1 year old home. Anyone have any comments or anything of iterest, I would appreciate it.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    If it weren't for lawyers, we would never need them.

Default Re: Know anything about these shingles?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bombardiere View Post
    Anyone have any comments .
    Missing Flashing.
    ( yep she's a leaker.)

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    And don't believe everything you read on the web, it could be bad for your health and for your pocket book.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Frank:

Try this site:

EcoStar is Premium Roofing

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

branden wilson Guest

hello, i install natural slate roofing everyday. first of all, plastic vs stone?!? i mean, cmon! i have a growing list of homeowners who need that stuff off their roof asap. however these companies are not responding well to their failures. most of the plastic roofs are failing within ten years. the most common problems being..drastic fading, curling, warping and leaks. the last thing we need is another temporary, toxic roofing product sitting in our landfills. the easiest way to evaluate this product is by holding a piece of it in one hand and a piece of real roofing slate in the other.

as far as what they're doing across the pond....almost all of the roofs over there (rich or poor) are covered in slate or clay, the most popular flat roofing material over there is lead and copper. you will hardly even find any asphalt roofs over there. remember, our trade knowledge origionated in europe hundreds of years ago. natural slate and clay have been installed the same for thousands of years. that gives us quite a proven track record to go by. properly installed permanent roofs last for a century or more, many clay roofs have lasted over three hundred years!

these roofs have a natural beauty and a proven performance record that is unmatched by todays temporary roofing market. the ideas are only being spread by ignorant salespeople. none of these products have been around for even half of their claimed lifespan. their claims are based on lab tests and projections not proof. those type of projections are having quite a negative effect on our world these days.

here in the US we do have a market for temporary roofing since we build so many temporary homes. plastic however is a bad choice when there are temporary roof options that have proven themselves. wood shakes and shingles are what i offer as a natural roofer but there are several others that have predictible lifespans which comprimise less than plastic.

that's my opinion anyways

most of the plastic roofs i'm involved in right now are on their way to court but i've got permission to display some pics from the last one i looked at....

Branden Wilson's Photos - authentic plastic | Facebook

this is an 8yr old "50yr" roof that started out black and is now turning white and leaking really bad. the building is a church in boca raton, fl and they really believed in this roof when they spent over a thousand dollars a square for it!

i'm trying to be helpful so please stop all the slaterhating...it should be helpful to have a professional perspective....even if i don't spellchek!!

here's some of what i do, it doesn't involve sitting at a desk or typing

Branden Wilson's Photos - portfolio | Facebook

Branden It's nice to see some people still take pride in there work. Great pictures of your stuff. Reminds me of my old roofing day's......

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Branden, I must agree. Those slate roofs you've installed look absolutely gorgeous. It's also nice to see a roofer who knows how to use roof jacks. Too often around here (Atlanta), you see people nail ledger boards right to the roof shingles they just installed to get up to the next level.

Those slate roofs are not just well installed, they are works of art.

Phil Brody Guest

The big question is ceramic wood floors, plastic slate, vinyl siding clapboard, veneers, plastic stones etc. when do we decide to do the real thing ?