Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Michael Jackson Dead

Just heard on CNN.

Wow, Jackson, Fawcett, and Ed M. all within a week.

Comes in 3's I've always heard.

rick

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Michael Jackson Dead

My kids when very young where wild about Michael Jackson. They new every word to every song. No matter what the feelings for him later in life those young minds had an attachment.

As far as Fawcett that is horrible that anyone has to go out like that.

Now Ed was a 30 year Icon thats to bad at the end of his life things got so messed up.

Lets hope it ends at three.

Richard Moore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Just heard on CNN.

Wow, Jackson, Fawcett, and Ed M. all within a week.

Comes in 3's I've always heard.

rick
    Y'know, with all due respect, I don't think those other two belong in the same list with Jackson. MJ got very, ummm, strange in these last few years, but you simply can't take away the fact the man had real talent and has left a musical legacy behind him.

Yep, Jackson could not even allow Farrah top news billing when she died.

He may have had talent, but he had not much else going for him.

Also, Walter Cronkite is not doing well and could make the list soon too, I have read.

Yeah, you could probably tell that Michael Jackson was down near the bottom of the totem pole as far as I am concerned.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Just read now that Billy Mays is dead at 50.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31596003/ns/us_news-life/

Ted Menelly Guest

Just read now that Billy Mays is dead at 50.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31596003/ns/us_news-life/

Just read that myself. Screaming at everyone one day and gone the next.

Live life to the best you can, enjoy life, never take life to seriously, treat others as you wish to be treated. Life IS way to short. His life...50 years...Your life who knows...tomorrow or another 30 to 40 years.

I heard on a radio talk show , coast to coast [ Ian somebody] , MJ is in contact with a cyic, he is in a holding stage, not in heaven yet, and doing well..

What is a "cyic"?

What is a "cyic"?
    I was guessing on the spelling. Psychic.

Pretty wild all those people dying in the same week....

Something I've always found curious about our society is the way we sensationalize people and go totally nuts when they die. It's sad when the Michael Jacksons and Ed McMahons of the world pass on but it's equally as sad when anyone dies. Mainly for the widows and children left behind.

I remember when Princess Diana died I was at work with a girl from Canada. She was inconsolable.... going absolutely nuts. Being younger and less sensitive I asked her why it was any different than anyone else who dies in a car accident on a Friday night. Why is one person more important than another? We all come in equal and should go out equal. The real people who suffer are the family and other loved ones.

Maybe I'm just warped but I have the same reaction to Michael Jackson passing as I do some poor guy on a bike in the wrong place at the wrong time. Pick up a newspaper any day and you'll find a whole list of people who died unexpectadly.

Ron Bibler Guest

150k People die every day... Each of us will have our day...

My prayer is that all would come to an understanding of Christ and is love each of us.

Best

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    150k People die every day... Each of us will have our day...

My prayer is that all would come to an understanding of Christ and is love each of us.

Best

Ron
    My wish would be that *THEY* went wherever *THEY* thought *THEY* would be going.

*I* certainly would not want to put *MY* values and *MY* thoughts on *THEM* and *THEIR* wishes and beliefs.

It is extremely egotistical to think that the way you feel is the way they feel, and if they do not feel that way, well, they should, so you are "blessing them anyway".

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

As Tiny Tim said

God bless everyone.

I know you saw that movie Jerry.

I know you watch Christmas shows on the teli

For one man to say Bless him, that is from his heart. For another to say damn him, that is from his heart. You or anyone else does not in anyway have to like it. They don't have to like your belief or non belief which ever it may be.

When some one makes a comment about Christ you Should not feel his is pushing his values down your throat.

I have noticed that when anyone ever says anything about their belief you feel you have to slice the throat of the sayer. I was just curious on why you feel you must do that instead of just not commenting on it.

I myself cannot stand a bible thumper and everyone is going to hell type thing. I was born and raised Catholic. Because of what I was raised as I have been getting that grief all my life. Oh my God....He is one of *them*.

It is funny how even the bible thumpers will condemn Catholics because of their Catholic beliefs. Hmmmmm, they all read the same words written by the same men.

In saying that I will also say that I don't feel it my duty to attack anyone and everyone that ever says something about Christ and their beliefs on an after life of what ever kind.

I was just extremely curious on why you appear to have been appointed by a higher power to condemn anyone that totes their belief in a quickie one liner like RB did.

Did you get beat up as a child by a Minister, Priest, Rabi or Nun or something and it is instilled in you to kill all of them off.

When you mention anything to do with politics should all that do not agree with it just tell you to shut up and never mention it again.

In times of death someone somewhere is going to say God bless them, Or may he rest in peace in heaven, or He is going to a better place. Even if one dispises one that just died there will be someone that passes a blessing off to them.

By touting your non belief or belief but in your own way you are being just as bad as a Bible thumber. *You are expresssing your beliefs or non beliefs* just as *They are expressing their beliefs or non beliefs*

Why is it ok for you to express your outlook or opinion on a belief (or non belief) and shoot all messengers of their beliefs and non beliefs?

Now remember when you answer (if you answer) you will be spinning what you believe or not believe and what you believe is OK to tought and not to tought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 06-29-2009 at 07:12 AM.

Dennis Webber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    When some one makes a comment about Christ you Should not feel his is pushing his values down your throat.
    I've often found it best to remember the 11th commandment:

"keep thy religion to thyself".

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Webber View Post
    I've often found it best to remember the 11th commandment:

"keep thy religion to thyself".
    Excellent commandment. However, most who would dispute adding that do not even follow the other 10, so what does it matter anyway.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Michael Jackson may have been fifty years old when he expired, but his nose and cheeks and chin were only 10 years old!

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Michael Jackson may have been fifty years old when he expired, but his nose and cheeks and chin were only 10 years old!
    Reminds me of a joke I heard yesterday about that same thing:

The rumor is that Michael Jackson's face, nose, cheeks, etc., contain so much plastic they are going to be made into toys ... and now the little children will get to ... play with him.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thanks Ron B. for your comments, your are correct. Everyone will stand before Jesus Christ and give an account for his life. They won't be able to bring their code book with them either, they will be judged by Gods book and standard not the code book of mankind. There is only one sin that will keep them out of Heaven, the sin of rejecting Jesus Christ. No one has kept the ten commandments, no one has kept one. Michael Jackson will stand before God alone and give an account just like us all. I wonder when some of you die if people will pray for your family or make jokes about you. Only one life will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last.

Dan Hagman
    ProSite Home Inspections

Talking Re: Michael Jackson Dead

Ron knows the Truth and Christ being the Truth, has set him free from all religion. But knowing the Truth as a Person allows Ron to bless everyone as he has been blessed. Christ is a Person not a religion and He has never met a person He didn't die for, making All men equal and accessible to God through Him. Only Pride can separate you from the Love or presents of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hagman View Post
    Thanks Ron B. for your comments, your are correct. Everyone will stand before Jesus Christ and give an account for his life.
    Only if you so believe, and maybe not even then.

Apparently there are some here who believe that everyone much believe as they do, yet they are in the small minority of beliefs in the world, so, if you are to believe those people, code books or no code books, bible or no bible, the other 99% of the population of the world is lost and gone forever.

What an ego they have thinking their way is the only way.

Sheesh, they could not even take a warning of will begin here on this site if they continue with their religious posts.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mount View Post
    Ron knows the Truth and Christ being the Truth, has set him free from all religion. But knowing the Truth as a Person allows Ron to bless everyone as he has been blessed. Christ is a Person not a religion and He has never met a person He didn't die for, making All men equal and accessible to God through Him. Only Pride can separate you from the Love or presents of God.
    Now take Tony, who steals diamond rings and would take money if he found it (has said so himself on other occasions when discussing "found money"), he does that and then claim to be a believer?

The rest of you can claim Tony as part and parcel of your religions if that is what your religions are like, no wonder so many people see so many hypocrites. They are present everywhere.

This board is not the place to post religious stuff, it will degrade into what you do not want. A word to the wise (of course, though, "the wise" do not need a word to them, only the unwise do) - keep the religious posts off this board as this board has members from many religious faiths ... it is open to all, and if you want joy and harmony, keep the religious crap out.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    if you want joy and harmony, keep the religious crap out.
    Oh you better hit the deck now Jerry. I hear a Yahweh torpedo coming your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Oh you better hit the deck now Jerry. I hear a Yahweh torpedo coming your way.

All defense systems have been alerted and taken to DefCon 1 status.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ron Bibler Guest

God I love this board... L.O.L.

Best

Ron

Absolutely a believer, no doubt about it. Saved not sinless. That is why I know there is hope for you Jerry. Only a believer would continue to share the love of God with you who tells lies and slanders fellow posters and persecutes believers some what like Paul in the bible. If you take time to read about Paul you might find yourself to be a lot like him. He was very educated and knowledgeable, but only became profitable to others after his encounter with Christ. We would Love to have you join us Jerry. If you think you are making a difference now, you would be amazed to see what you could accomplish with God working through you. Acts: 7: 51- 8:4, 9:1-31 go for it!

Tony,

Take your religious garbage, and your stolen diamonds and whatever you have taken and will take when available, cut the "Saved" crap I save too, and exchange it for some real ethics, not something you don't have to stay with and then can ask to be "saved" again.

Jesus saves ... at Bank of America, where his brothers Juan, Julio, and Jorge save, and where his sister Juanita also saves. By the way, I save there too.

Tony, you first need to get some ethics, then you need to keep them, then you need to do more for your clients, doing good things for others, and until then, quit the religious crap.

For the respect of ALL members of this board, the religious posts should stop as there are members from ALL religions here. RESPECT one another, stop your holier than thou attitudes and posts and get real. If you are really as religious as you are saying, you will ACCEPT OTHERS AS THEY ARE.

If you cannot ACCEPT OTHERS AS THEY ARE, then YOU ARE NOT RELIGIOUS in any recognized religion way - especially a religion which uses the term God.

Cut the crap and ACCEPT OTHERS AS THEY ARE.

If you cannot do that, do not mention anything about religion because you are just a fake if you do.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Talk about deaths of the week - The Oxi-Clean guy is dead!

Apparently involved as a pax on a flight that had a hard landing. One of the landing gears didn't deploy properly.

Wen t home after the incident.... complained of a headache

Dead 2 days later................ whoa.........................

What a way to go

Joe,

His autopsy stated he died of heart disease. The incident on the plane had nothing to do with it.

rick

Take your religious garbage, quit the religious crap, Accept people as they are, you are just a fake, Are you qualified to say all of that?

WOW!

Dan Hagman ACI
    ProSite Home Inspections
    Des Moines, Iowa

In my experience in the world thus far I have found a pattern of the most religious people being the most hypocritical. Basically, they claim religion when it's convenient. At other times they're off raping alter boys and swindling people out of their hard earned money.

My definition of the word 'religion' is pretty much the same as belief... whatever that may be to a person. To be VERY religious means to have a very strong belief in one direction or another. This is usually accompanied by an inability to see things from another person's perspective. Basically a my way or the highway mentallity.

Don't get me wrong... I'm a Christian, attend church at times and have my own beliefs. I just stop short of trying to sell the world on them or cram them down people's throats on an internet message board.

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post

sell the world on them or cram them down people's throats .
    So if you don't sell or cram... What do you do ?

Best

Ron

Joe,

His autopsy stated he died of heart disease. The incident on the plane had nothing to do with it.

rick

Yep, shows he was a heart attack walking around waiting to happen at any time, then it happened.

In cases like that, there is never a good time for it to happen, but it will.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

This is the info I read about Billy Mays' autopsy:

Mays had no known major health problems, although he walked with a limp and was planning to have hip replacement surgery.

Billy’s wife said that Billy said he wasn’t feeling well before he went to bed Saturday night, and he died in his sleep.

The autopsy results revealed this morning showed that Billy had hypertension (high blood pressure), and heart disease, specifically coronary artery sclerosis (atherosclerosis), or a narrowing of the heart arteries due to plague build up. Billy’s had an enlarged heart, which means he was heading towards congestive heart failure (CHF) later in his life. At this point doctors suspect, but may never be able to confirm, that a lethal arrhythmia (abnormal heart beat) may have been the cause of death.

The inflammation from Mays bad hip could have accelerated the build up of plague in his heart arteries, especially the Left Anterior Descending (LAD) artery that supplies blood to the the heart’s left ventricle, which pumps about 75% of the blood. When the LAD is occluded (clogged), and that causes an anterior myocardial infarction (a type of heart attack), it is referred to as the Widow Maker. Any electrical disturbance in the left ventricle could be deadly. Sometimes the first sign of heart disease, besides abnormal cholesterol and lipid levels, is sudden cardiac death.

The autopsy did not show any evidence of an external or internal head injury.

Denise Canter Guest

Exclamation Re: Michael Jackson Dead

Oh c'mon folks...I am a declared atheist and don't much appreciate proselytizing, but hey, Ron was only expressing his condolences the way he sees fit. And, for that he deserves respect. I didn't feel he was cramming anything down my throat, only expressing his sorrow. He didn't try to "save" anyone. That said, I could have done without Don and Tony's posts, they were outright preachy.

This thread has nothing to do with the intended subject of the message board anyhow.

Lighten up, Jerry. It's not our place to judge others anymore than it is their place to judge us, either. Live and let live. It's easy to ignore the Christians. I have a whole family of them, my Dad is a pastor and I grew up in the church. I ignore it all, no reason to comment, it does no good for anyone.

I, too, will miss Michael Jackson and have always felt sorry for the man. All those riches, and he was never happy. He was just a sad little man who couldn't accept himself. Fathers, take note of his sad life and be good to your sons. And daughters.

I will say one thing about Michael, if his music comes on and you can sit still, you're just DEAD. The man knew music and how to get the party started, for sure.

I don't think he could accept the fact that he was black.

Jerry, you will soon be one of the billions of people that get their wish. The worlds economics is not the work of mer circumstance, but a divine road map to lead all people to God. The global condition will very soon(within 2 years or less) become so bad that destruction will be on everyone's lip (wars and rumors of wars). One man will rise up with the answers to peace for the world and everyone will be excited to see him. At this point All Christians will be removed by Christ (or raptured) off the earth before the coming wrath of God to those who don't believe. For 3 1/2 years the man (antichrist) will bring peace to the world and then, he will change (in dwelled by Satan himself) to require all the people of the earth to worship him as god. You will not be able to buy or sale without a mark on your hand or forehead, and refusal will be death. Without Christians, the people will love emoral things without conscience, life will be one big party over the whole earth (are you happy now). Then, God will send 2 witnesses to preach forgiveness, repentance and wrath to all the people for the remaining 3 1/2 years. They will stand in Jerusalem and call down judgements of wrath against the people and those that hear and repent will be killed by the (antichrist and his followers). All those who do not listen will suffer many things and will grow to hate the witnesses. Much of the earth will be destroyed and people will suffer, but they will not acknowledge God. At the end of the 7th year of the rapture, God allows the witnesses to be martyred, and the whole earth rejoices. Christ himself then returns and casts the antichrist and all who have his mark into the lake of fire. Those that remain will live with Him for a thousand years in perfect harmony without death. Then all the dead will stand before Christ for judgement. If we don't see this come to pass very soon, I still will believe, and lost nothing.

A man was standing on the corner with a sign that said:
    "Prepare yourself the World is coming to it's end"

A man walked by him and said
    "Get away from me, your a nut"

The man with the sign just kept saying
    "Prepare yourself the World is coming to it's end"

Another man walked by and said
    " I don't want to hear you preach to me"

And the man with the sign just kept saying
    " The World is coming to an end"

Finally, someone asked the man with the sign
    " Why do you say the World is coming to an end"

The man with the sign replied
    "Because almost every scientist believes so,
    The 6:00 news says so and so does Tony"

While Tony's remarks and beliefs are inappropriate for this forum,
    many well informed and educated people have views that in some ways, parallel his.

People will gladly listen and believe something that "Science" says
    The news will even report it as fact
    But let someone say anything from the Bible, and watch out.

Tony
    No man will open a door (to the heart)
    to someone who is screaming and shouting
    Let me in, let me in.

Whisper, then they may listen
    Say nothing at all
    but live a life with joy for all to see,
    and all will see
    Some will envy, some will mock, but some will believe.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Matt Vozzella Guest

Jerry, you will soon be one of the billions of people that get their wish..... I still will believe, and lost nothing.
    For real?? In any social forum some religion can be expected but this?? ^^

Come on the post is about Michael Jackson! That is about as far from home inspections as you can get. The man is dead, that's apart of life. To discuss the fears and faith that comes with that is natural. To get upset with anyone who responses to this post shows a lack of security and one should seek professional help. Especially if they are so outraged that they cannot stop from posting there contempt over and over again.

I agree with you Tony, *YOU* DO NEED TO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP.

Some say "God is dead.", but others know that is untrue as "God" would have had to have been alive before dying and becoming dead, thus, "God" is simply a figment of your imagination, and of the others who believe as you do.

If you truly believe that you and your little 0.01% of the population of earth are the correct ones and everyone else is wrong, then you and your beliefs are very egotistical and ego-maniacal, which would make your "God" the leader of egotistical and ego-maniacal followers, sure is some crowd of "believers" you are in with.

You DO realize, I hope, that "God" is not only a woman (who else would put up with all the crap believers do - a man certainly would not) but is also a black woman as a white woman would have lost patience long before now, whereas the black woman (using stereotypes here as that is what believers are all about) has tolerated pain and suffering for centuries.

Now tell that to your white supremacist, god-fearing, chest pounding, holier-than-thou friends.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry
    You are without exception, the rudest and most disrespectful person that I can ever remember knowing.
    With the sensitivity and compassion you show others, I can just imagine the close friends you have, the loving personal relationship with your children. and wife. How respected you are among those around you. If that describes you, then good, but I would be very surprised if it does.
    Tonite, when you go to bed, you may say to yourself " I told him". But I bet you this, You have lost respect from a lot of people on this forum. Don't make any differance to you though.
    I'll ask this, not of you but of the members on this forum.
    Who supports and agrees with Jerry?
    Who thinks that it should have been said a long time ago?
    Who?

"Some say "God is dead.", but others know that is untrue as "God" would have had to have been alive before dying and becoming dead, thus, "God" is simply a figment of your imagination, and of the others who believe as you do.
    If you truly believe that you and your little 0.01% of the population of earth are the correct ones and everyone else is wrong, then you and your beliefs are very egotistical and ego-maniacal, which would make your "God" the leader of egotistical and ego-maniacal followers, sure is some crowd of "believers" you are in with.

You DO realize, I hope, that "God" is not only a woman (who else would put up with all the crap believers do - a man certainly would not) but is also a black woman as a white woman would have lost patience long before now, whereas the black woman (using stereotypes here as that is what believers are all about) has tolerated pain and suffering for centuries.
    Now tell that to your white supremacist, god-fearing, chest pounding, holier-than-thou friends."

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Joe Asta Guest

Sorry Rick but I don't find JP offensive. Controversial topics promote controversy. In life, we have to live with that.

I may or may not agree with his statements, but I will defend anyone's right to voice their opinion.

As far as I'm concerned, it's your own choice if you want to listen to those opinions.

Joe
    Thanks for being honest.
    "but I don't find JP offensive"
    I did not say Jerry was offensive, he is, but I did not say that.
    What I said was;
    "You are without exception, the rudest and most disrespectful person that I can ever remember knowing."

"but I will defend anyone's right to voice their opinion."

My guess is "anyone" does not includes Tony.

Matt Vozzella Guest

Come on the post is about Michael Jackson! That is about as far from home inspections as you can get. The man is dead, that's apart of life. To discuss the fears and faith that comes with that is natural. To get upset with anyone who responses to this post shows a lack of security and one should seek professional help. Especially if they are so outraged that they cannot stop from posting there contempt over and over again.
    I'm not upset, it's more like exasperation. You are the one who went off about the "end days".....

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    Jerry
    You are without exception, the rudest and most disrespectful person that I can ever remember knowing.
    Rick,

Only with extra effort can I keep up with your incessant rantings of you being better than others because "you believe" and others do not believe as you do and they have the guts to say so.

If religious freaks are free to spout their feelings, others are just as free to dispute those rantings.

You may not like it, and you may not like those who do that, but it is a fact of life that freedom of speech does not JUST ALLOW "believers" to carry on, freedom of speech allows both to carry on, and as long as Brian allows this thread to go on and on and on, there will be counter posts to those who spout their beliefs.

Consider it a done and sealed deal. Do you want to continue? Ball is in your court.

Rick, I find very little use for those who cannot accept others, but insist that others accept them. If you cannot accept others but continue to insist that we accept you, so be it - it shows a lack of real world religious beliefs for what religion is supposed to be about.

The goose is in the oven, turn the heat up and cook your own goose.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

The real question here is that MJ's residence 'Neverland' will probably be put up for sale.

S I hope whever buys it will have it inspected.

What does a job like that go for anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Laurieri View Post
    The real question here is that MJ's residence 'Neverland' will probably be put up for sale.

S I hope whever buys it will have it inspected.

What does a job like that go for anyway?

Well, you would need to give it the white glove treatment, so it would be a lot.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry
    If you will show me even one of my
    " incessant rantings of you being better than others because "you believe" and others do not believe as you do and they have the guts to say so." ,
    then you have my apologies.

Where and when have I ever implied, much less said, anything even close to this?
    "Rick, I find very little use for those who cannot accept others, but insist that others accept them. If you cannot accept others but continue to insist that we accept you, so be it - it shows a lack of real world religious beliefs for what religion is supposed to be about."

That is not me your thinking of.
    If my memory is wrong, show me.

"If religious freaks are free to spout their feelings, others are just as free to dispute those rantings"
    You think "dispute" includes name calling, I don't.

"...there will be counter posts to those who spout their beliefs."
    Thats OK.
    Your "Belief" is there is no God.
    I don't see someone calling you names, well not until after you have provoked them through slander, intimidation, or ridicule.

My post said nothing about God, religion, faith...
    What I was talking about was you.
    You cannot or at least do not, accept others that disagree with your view.
    Whatever Your view is.

Furthermore, you've said nothing (ever) to make me think I was wrong to say you are rude and disrespectful.
    OK it was wrong, but ACCURATE.

I'm waiting for you to show me my rants you spoke about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    I'm waiting for you to show me my rants you spoke about.
    Read your posts above with an open mind. You will see what I am saying.

You also do not know or have any idea of what I believe or not believe, I am responding to the unacceptable posts above which profess to be the way it is to be.

I am pointing out that there are others, thousands, millions, BILLIONS of other people who believe differently and if someone cannot accept them, then that person is not acceptable.

Plain and simple.

Like it or not.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I'm still waiting for you to show me my rantsyou spoke about.

Rick,

You just don't get it, do you?

(sigh)

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry
    I think I might get it, if you show me the RANTS you say I've made.
    But without seeing what you say I,ve done, well (sigh)

"You also do not know or have any idea of what I believe or not believe"

Jerry
    Below are your post from just one thread
    Maybe not your belief, but they are YOUR yiews.

I agree with Jerry Mc. and Aaron.

There are religious boards for those who want to be religious.

There are political boards for those who want to be political.

There are home inspector boards for those who want to be home inspectorish .. you know, like this one.

If you want to keep posting religious stuff here, be prepared to be bombard with non-religious counter-posts. I have been holding back and gritting my teeth that these would stop, and they had ... with 'had' being past tense.
    Like this: (underlining is mine)

It was enough to make me PUKE!

Mike and Daniel are welcome to this HOME INSPECTOR'S board, let's keep the religious crap out of it. Okay?
    And some religious types chiming in with their 1/2 cent worth of wisdom (or lack there of).

Yeah, it works both ways.

There are been various posts with religious tones, it has been brought up before that we should leave religious posts to the religious boards. Same for politics.
    I welcomed him.

If he can't accept criticism for his beliefs, he should not hang his beliefs out there like that.

If he never comes back, that is his choice, but ... if he believes as he says he does, he will be back ... because he will forgive and turn the other cheek.

Just like we all have on occasion.

If he never comes back, that would be a very poor sign of his religious beliefs.
    Michael,

From 'the other' Jerry ... have you ever considered, percentage-wise, how many the "Christian Crusades" killed and/or "conquered" (enslaved into their conquerers' beliefs for fear of being killed if they resisted) versus the population at that time?

The war in Iraq and Afghanistan are 'wars in the name of god', people are still killing people 'in the name of their god'.

In fact, many, if not most, wars have been 'in the name of god'.

Bush does not want Iraq to become a 'religious state', but he tried to make the US into a 'religious state' ... as long as it was 'his religion' it is okie dokie, otherwise it is not.
    I've always been amazed that one religion, with so few members (as compared to the earth's population), condemns the rest of the world's population to eternal hell and damnation if the rest of the world's population does not believe in THEIR one god.

Otherwise seemingly rational people are made cult-like in that belief and have an urge to convince others that they too much believe the same way.

All the while the other religions, which have more believers, are looking at those people saying 'they are going to hell because they do not believe as we do'.

Religious fanatics (and semi-fanatics) need to look in the mirror and take a reality check now and then. Some need it more often that others.
    As it is with all major religions.

"Christians" and "Christianity" have nothing over the other religions - EACH religion has its "god", each more powerful than any other religions "god" ... don't believe, just ask a religious person, they will tell you ... hey, wait a minute, how about *your* "god" - is he/she more powerful and omnipotent than other "gods" are the same, and just the one you believe in?

One does not need to be a "Christian" to do good and believe in good.

One only needs to be a "good person", whatever their beliefs are ... or are not.

You can take it off line if you want to, but don't bother sending me off line e-mails about religion ... you think it is bad here ...
    Aaron,

My post was directed at Michael.

This is one of the few (it seems) things we seem to agree on (at least in the big picture as has been posted).

I've been tempted to answer the door nude when Jehovah's Witnesses come by then invite them in for a discussion about their beliefs and why they think theirs are better than mine - never done it, but real ... r-e-a-l ... tempted to. (I would not want to be responsible for their deaths. )
    Do "Christians" need to use vulgar language?

They do. Or at least they say they are "Christians".

Rick,

Glad to see you spending so much time to achieve nothing.

So, from those posts you quoted ... tell me, just what is it you think I believe or do not believe.

You seem to think you know, so clue me in.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

"spending so much time to achieve nothing"
    What I wanted to achieve was to tell you how rude and disrespectful you are.

"tell me, just what is it you think I believe or do not believe.
    You seem to think you know, so clue me in."

This is what I posted above
    "Your "Belief" is there is no God."

Maybe I'm wrong
    I apoligize if I presumed to much
    I'm not trying to judge your beliefs.

I've shown you why I think you belive there is no God (at your request)
    Now
    "If you will show me even one of my
    " incessant rantings of you being better than others because "you believe" and others do not believe as you do and they have the guts to say so." ,
    then you have my apologies"

That would mean BEFORE your accusation, not my post since.

Ron Bibler Guest

OK so what the big deal ? If Jerry wants to go to HELL. Thats his choice and no one can stop him. I can't. and God is not going to get in his way if thats what he want's. God is not the one that sends people to HELL. They don't want to go live with Christ.

Then there is only one other place

Ill come look over the cliff from time to time to see of i can find Jerry.

Best

Ron

This thread is a great example of why the world is in a constant state of religious war.

Take a group of people that generally get along well. Sure, there are rifts amongst us but this is an overall friendly and functional message board.

Introduce religion and it explodes like a bomb....

Ron Bibler Guest

Sorry but i don't see any bombs just some plane folks talking about the thing in life...

Some are having a bit of fun along the way

Best

Ron

Jerry
    Still waiting
    Lets see what a Rant is
    This is from Wikipedia
    A rant or harangue is a speech or text that does not present a well-researched and calm argument; rather, it is typically an attack on an idea, a person or an institution, and very often lacks proven claims

Now who might this describe?
    Also from Wikipedia

Hate speech is a term for speech intended to offend[citation needed] a person or group of people

What, no one is allowed to have an opinion? Is an opinion to meet some criteria defined by the reader?

Forum Rules

In order to proceed, you must agree with the following rules:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Message Board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening,...

Again from Wikipedia
    Profane
    The original meaning of the adjective profane (Latin: "in front of", "outside the temple") referred to items not belonging to the church, e.g. "The fort is the oldest profane building in the town, but the local monastery is older, and is the oldest sacred building," or "besides designing churches, he also designed many profane buildings".
    As a result, "profane" and "profanity" has therefore come to describe a word, expression, gesture, or other social behavior which is socially constructed or interpreted as insulting, rude and vulgar or desecrating or showing disrespect.[1

Verbal abuse: When a person uses profanity, demeaning talk, or threatening statements.

vulgar
    Although most dictionaries offer "obscene word or language" as a definition for vulgarism, others have insisted that a vulgarism in English usage is different from either profanity or obscenity, cultural concepts which connote offenses against a deity and the community respectively

hateful
    Hatred (or hate) is a word that describes the intense feelings of dislike. It can be used in a wide variety of contexts, from hatred of inanimate objects (e.g. vegetables, bicycles, tables, chairs, etc.) or animals, to hatred of other people, entire groups of people,

Now I
    "Consider it a done and sealed deal"

"The goose is in the oven, turn the heat up and cook your own goose."
    I think that Jerry has left the Kitchen!

Ron Bibler Guest

HIGH '5' Rick...

Best

Ron

Just curious?

If atheists don't believe in Heaven, will they go to "Neverland"?

the other rick

Thanks Ron

To all forum members
    I apologize for hijacking and dominating this thread.
    But I do think it is relevant as to where the discussion was going, and needed to be brought to attention.

As I have said before, it is not appropriate to have religious discussion on this forum, for or against.
    Reference to a Deity or a comment made by a poster, is not justifiable reason to invoke sarcasm, ridicule, and hateful comments from others.

Ron Bibler Guest

Just curious?

If atheists don't believe in Heaven, will they go to "Neverland"?

the other rick
    Can you still get in that place ? They should turn it back into a park for every one to come and play all the cute little boys

Play Play Play...

Clinton answered "I have never had sexual relations with that woman Monica Lewinsky. ...

Best

Ron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast