Thread: Saw Stop Video

Default Saw Stop Video

I'd read about this saw for a couple of years. This video is pretty cool. It almost makes me want to buy a new table saw. If it came in a portable job saw model I would definitely buy it.

SawStop Inventor Walks the Walk - Fine Homebuilding

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Default Re: Saw Stop Video

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    I'd read about this saw for a couple of years. This video is pretty cool. It almost makes me want to buy a new table saw. If it came in a portable job saw model I would definitely buy it.

It comes in a semi-portable contractor version:
    Contractor version

Dom.

Matt Vozzella Guest

Interesting....I have a (healthy) fear of my table saw, keeps me cautious. The last time I was using the saw I was ripping a piece of PT when it slipped and my fingers came within a half inch of the blade. I counted my fingers several times before my pulse came back down. My brother made me show him my hand, not fully trusting my answer when he asked if I still had all fingers attached.

Ted Menelly Guest

You know. There is such a think as FAILED WHILE TESTING. I for one would have never stuck my finger to the blade. It can and has sucked many folks in when the blade makes contact.

Sorry, inventor or not that man is just stupid is as stupid does for putting his finger anywhere near that blade.

Several years ago, I done a little wood working (make sawdust) in the garage. Gave it up because it is so dangerous, started flying.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

I doubt he makes a habit out of it. I give him a lot of credit for standing by his invention. It certainly took some balls to stick your finger in there. I'm not sure I would do it.

The contractor saw is 265 lbs. My DeWalt is probably about 60 lbs. I can't see getting that thing into my truck by myself, unfortunately.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA