mathew stouffer Guest

Default Distribution Panel

There was a 600 service and this panel had three 200amp breakers. But my question is regarding the penetration into the lower left of the panel, it appears to be a get er done type of installatoin. Is it acceptable.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Distribution Panel

Mat,

Just to clarify your title - that is a distribution panel and not the service equipment, right?

If so, then am I correct to presume that the 200 amp breakers feed other distribution panels?

That is a (should be a) cable clamp and someone knocked out a small 1/2" knock out when cutting in the larger knock out. It looks like a cable clamp, so that would be okay (other than the opening left behind).

That smaller, missing, knock out opening now needs to be covered.

The question that I have and do not see in those photo is: Where are those larger neutrals for those feeders attached to at the neutral terminal bus? Are there that many large terminals present for those three large neutral conductors?

I see where they are connected, but cannot tell if the terminals they are in are the proper sized ones - especially the one hanging off the neutral terminal bus.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    The question that I have and do not see in those photo is: Where are those larger neutrals for those feeders attached to at the neutral terminal bus? Are there that many large terminals present for those three large neutral conductors?
    I thought the same thing at first. Then I found them.

I see one terminating from the bottom, to the right.
    Then I see two coming in at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

The one from the bottom looks suspect to me. Looks like an add-on lug.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Petey View Post
    I thought the same thing at first. Then I found them.

I see one terminating from the bottom, to the right.
    Then I see two coming in at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

The one from the bottom looks suspect to me. Looks like an add-on lug.
    I saw those, but still concerned about their sizes, however, mainly the add-on lug is what my question was about.

This is what I said about them:
    I see where they are connected, but cannot tell if the terminals they are in are the proper sized ones - especially the one hanging off the neutral terminal bus.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com