Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default End of An Era in Green Bay

I just read on ESPN.com that Brett Favre has told the Packers he is calling it a day and retiring. For a guy who seemed to be on the downhill slope of his career only a few seasons ago, he sure made himself relevant again the past couple years. Even though you know he couldn't play forever, it's going to be very strange to see a new QB under center in Green Bay in 2008.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: End of An Era in Green Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    I just read on ESPN.com that Brett Favre has told the Packers he is calling it a day and retiring. For a guy who seemed to be on the downhill slope of his career only a few seasons ago, he sure made himself relevant again the past couple years. Even though you know he couldn't play forever, it's going to be very strange to see a new QB under center in Green Bay in 2008.
    What will John Madden and Frank Calendio do now!

Eric Van De Ven Magnum Inspections Inc. (772) 214-9929
    www.magnuminspections.com
    I still get paid to be suspicious when I got nothing to be suspicious about!

I just came across this thread from almost two years ago. We'll probably be watching another retirement press conference of his soon.

chris mcintyre Guest

This was my favorite super bowl commercial.

YouTube - Hyundai Brett Favre Super Bowl Commercial

Kevin Luce Guest

My grandfather had a hard time leaving the packers. He was there before they became the Packers and a few years after.

Here is a link from when he played. His name is Milt Wilson, he is located at the bottom of the page.

The 1919 and 1920 Green Bay Packers - Independent Football

He also played baseball that paid a lot more money that football back then. Added info: He got paid $12.00 to play the whole season in 1920.

My grandmother died a few years back. There were some items we didn't want and it was crazy what some in Wisconsin paid for those items. My mother received around $125.00 for some the letters that were written during their retirement. Many other items she sold went for a lot more.

Last edited by Kevin Luce; 02-16-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling errors :) & added info

Adrian Jacob Guest

I also came across this thread from almost 1 year ago. We'll probably be watching another retirement press conference of him very soon.

Ha Ha. It just never ends does it.

chris mcintyre Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Jacob View Post
    We'll probably be watching another retirement press conference of him very soon.

Yes, and then watch another press conference announcing his return in week 3 of the preseason.

nicoledc109 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chris mcintyre View Post
    This was my favorite super bowl commercial.

YouTube - Hyundai Brett Favre Super Bowl Commercial
    Such a very amazing link!