Default Encroachment on panel.

Hidden peg board panel took me awhile to find the panel. At least there was plenty of room to work on the panel.

Extension cord was hidden behind the peg board and tapped to panel for freezer in garage.

I find storage rooms on the back of town-homes filled to the roof all the time and they expect me to get to the panel or water heater. You guy's run across crap like that.
    Pisses me off when I come across stuff like that.
    I tell the REALTOR TO MOVE THE ITEMS BECAUSE I AM NOT!

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance
    Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Re: Encroachment on panel.

Start sending out pre inspection check sheets for the agent and home owners to prep the home for inspection. then if you find this kind of stuff.

not your problem.

you look much better.

Best

Ron

It may not be "readily accessible", but it is still accessible for inspection.

In court the attorney would ask you if you moved a few items could you have inspected the panel.

rick

Here's some encroachment for ya. From this morning's inspection.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    It may not be "readily accessible", but it is still accessible for inspection.

In court the attorney would ask you if you moved a few items could you have inspected the panel.

rick
    Nope.

You present that photo and point out the work bench is blocking THE REQUIRED SAFE WORKING SPACE and that you could not, within code guidelines, safely and properly access the panel, which is why you wrote it up to HAVE ALL ITEMS BLOCKING THE REQUIRED SAFE WORKING SPACE REMOVED AND ALL DEFICIENT ITEMS IN THE PANEL CORRECTED by a licensed and competent electrical contractor.

If there was something which was bad and caused a problem, it is no longer your problem, it is either the client's problem for not following what was written in the report or the electrician's problem who did the work in there.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com