mathew stouffer Guest

Default Woven/cut valley

The top of the valley was a cut valley, but towards the bottom it "transitioned" into a woven. It is difficult to see but please take a look.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Ken Bates Guest

Default Re: Woven/cut valley

Pablo Picasso and his contemporary Spaniard, Salvador Dali created art that was different. The same can be said for many contemporary artists.

It is an irrefutable and uncontestable fact that they possesed the competency skills of the old Dutch masters and Italian Renaissance favorites.

You may be worrying that the installer(s) of this roof may be the modern equivalent of Jackson Pollock, who poured buckets of house paint onto duck cloth. (actually Pollock did demonstate basic competency as a youth)

Your due dilligence will be defencible if you got under the roof. (In my state I do not have to enter the attic if the hatch is too small, or there is no floor to walk on, etc.)

This roof may be the work of a modern and innovative genious that may not be recognized by the prevailing authorities.

Worry not if you did what is required. And remember that you do not have X-ray vision and are not responsible for what you can not see. And be careful that you do not attack a great artist. (the roof installer?)

A New York State Senator attacked a modern "artist"/Performer (Michael Jackson) and is already receiving heat because he feels too much favorable attention is being given to someone who got young boys to sleep with him.)

Take a lesson from Jean D'Arc who was a well intentioned person and was Royally screwed and burnt alive for (God?)

So, you have no idea what kind of flashing was installed in the valley and whether a good transition was made. So, do not stick your neck out. But, if you could have and should have got under the roof then go back and do it.

Last edited by Ken Bates; 07-06-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: typos

mathew stouffer Guest

I tried but could not.

Bud Butczynski Guest

I inspected this work of art on Friday for the second time. I was glad I moved the kitchen table and squeezed my blubber through a 12 X 14 inch port cut into the kitchen ceiling to check for damage. Nearly 50 percent of the rafters were "fabricated" with pieces of rough cut 2 X 4 sistered together with scab lumber. The thing that irks me the most is that the disclosure claimed and still claims that the roof veneer is new with no known problems. The only difference the second time around was a water stain on the living room ceiling.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    The top of the valley was a cut valley, but towards the bottom it "transitioned" into a woven. It is difficult to see but please take a look.
    First they wove, then they cut. It might not leak, but if I saw that, I'd be wondering what else they screwed up. "Amateur workmanship".

Now Bud, yours is easy to describe. That thing leaks.

You're just to critical Bud, give them a few points for creativity. They were trying to save our natural resources.

Robert Sole
    REM Inspections LLC
    www.REMinspections.com, Orlando, Oviedo

So George , Are you telling us that you didn't see that stuff the first time around?