Nolan Kienitz Guest

Default Be on close watch of our Congress ...

All -

I don't want to get into left/right discussions ... but give a listen to this testimony of all the 'crap' that is being buried in so many of the bills being floated through.

There are so many more it is past being a laughing matter.

My wife and I are at the point that the whole damn lot of them need to be flushed and replaced.

We're not on a good track at all (my $0.02 comment).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9FX1...e=channel_page

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Be on close watch of our Congress ...

The world wants order put to the spending but without spending there is nothing.

Yes we all spent to much and charged to much.

Yes homes were bought by folks that could just not afford them.

You cannot put a halt to the economy to bail us out of this mess

Way to much and way to fast.

I am not a doom and gloom guy because I will keep fighting and rounding up work till the day I day. The reality is that some folks out there are having to schedule bowel movements because they are so busy. Fact of the matter is spending is down so far that those that are spending will not be able to sustane. The market can only be affected so much before it rounds back to everyone else that can spend a little right now.

Yes Nolan

I am with you on that. I for one wanted to see the first banks get bailed out and the first few large corporations. It had to be done or else the colapse would have been too great too fast.

All the rest of the entitlement bills and severe strangle hold on spending is starting to reek havoc.

I for one have to much time off. Yes, I am surving and I thank heavans I am every day. The question is....for how long.

The worse possible scenario was to have all the rest of the bails outs and hand outs and cap and trade and efficiency bills and health care etc etc etc etc etc all take place in a matter of six months. What are they thinking. None of that is going to stimulate the economy. It is just a spending package from the government that we are all going to pay for. I inspected a home for a family from England last week. Their tax rate in England is 40+% and plus plus plus. I absolutely believe that not a soul on this site wants to be paying 40% plus just on taxes and 10 bucks a gallon (yes, $10.00 per gallon) for gas......do you???????? I surely think not.

This is not a stimulous package. This is not spend to spend our way out policy. This is a give away for everything policy and enact all we can policy that is (here is the doom and gloom) going to push the final crazy button. I read the massive amount of bail out money list so far. Up to a few days ago there was only a small portion of the money put towards anything real (and also only a portion of that last 700,000,000,000). I posted this on another thread. The amount of jobs created with the stimulus money so far compared to actual jobs created in 6 months is about the cost per job a 180,000 per job made available. Now add up all the jobs still being lost (only counted by unemployment signed up for not business owners or self employed) and that small pittance of jobs is now in the red so far its a joke.

OK. I have to stop there. This could go on for a month.

Someone else gladly take over.

Joe Asta Guest

There is one big question on the bailout that I still have not been able to find an answer to.

How many of the financial institutions that we bailed out were forced to write off foreclosure debts from borrowers taking advantage of the situation?

I'm talking about borrowers that bought several homes on interest only loans to "burn and turn" to make a profit and then walking away from those mortgages when they couldn't sell the properties.

I can't find out any information about the percentage of foreclosures that were not for primary residences of the borrowers.

Joe Asta Guest

My point, is that, if a large portion of the foreclosures is due to individuals that tried to make a profit and failed, then the fear that ensued and collapsed the economy can be explained.

If this is the truth, then the public should be made aware of this.

Once the underlying truth is known, the problem can be prevented from happening in the future.

If the problem is fixed, then confidence has a chance to be restored.

Similar to taking your car to a mechanic because it's losing oil and all they do is add oil but not fixing the engine to prevent it from further losing oil....and paying big bucks for the service.

Good point Joe, but I think that is part of the problem that started the ball
    rolling years ago when the financial institutions were allowed by congress
    to create the whole derivatives and bundling of loans to trade.

The risk of bad loans were separated from the reward of profit for making
    the loans.

Congress created the process and then encouraged banks and lenders to
    make mortgages to people with bad credit in risky situations and promised
    to absorb the risk through Fannie and Freddie.

EVERYBODY was making money while the market was getting drunk on
    profits and NOBODY (or very few in a position to make a difference) was paying attention to the risk that was multiplying exponentially at prices
    inflated and liar loans abounded.

To answer your question though, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT WAS LOST in the
    individual banks because they sold the debt thinking they got rid of the risk.

This is a good example of what can go wrong when government gets
    involved in business.
    They tinker with one end of the supply/demand and risk/reward equation without fully understanding the market.

What is frightening to me is they are doing it again, and again, and again and no one seems to get it.
    Congress CANNOT overcome the economic reality of supply/demand and risk/reward and they are trying to with the cap and trade, health care, etc. etc.
    Anyone remember what happened to the USSR? Countries can go bankrupt!
    There is not an endless supply of money and if the risk is too great and the reward is too little, money will go overseas.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ron Bibler Guest

what is tucked away into the Cap and trade bill .

Federal imposition on local building codes? Your local planning and building offices will not be qualified for any Federal funding of any kind unless they adopt what the FEDS say is the new energy efficient building standards. This will create higher prices in building new homes which is then passed on the homebuyers and then you as inspectors are also effected because less buyers will be able to afford to buy a new home. Not to mention having to wait for the Feds to come and inspect the builders and the homes.

New Federal Energy. Federal Inspectors will come and rate a home before it can sold. So before a home is listed for sale, the seller will have to wait for the Federal inspectors to come out. DMV lines anyone? Once that inspector comes out, he or she will give the home an energy rating. If the home does not meet the guidelines the seller will be required to do the work necessary to bring the home up to energy standards before they can sell the home?

I don't like this bill... I think its bad news for every one.

When I posted this last week I did not like this bill and now we see more and more of this crap that is down in the back pages of the bill. and after seeing the Youtube video it just gets me mad at these wack jobs and what they are doing to this great country.

Best

Ron

Some call it "doom and gloom" some call it "Reality"

It is not about "left or right". They both have there hands in the tax payer cookie jar.

It is about Tyranny versus Liberty.

Individual freedom to pursue life and liberty goes against "their plan".

"Their" next assault is already in play.... the internet.

Remember, England leads the way... then the US follows.
    Printer Friendly

China is "their" "security" laboratory
    China's All-Seeing Eye : Rolling Stone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A recent article in the Russian Pravda titled "American capitalism gone with a whimper"

"First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture.... Americans know more about their favorite TV dramas than the drama in DC that directly affects their lives. They care more for their 'right' to choke down a McDonalds burger... than for their constitutional rights....

"...the American descent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple.... The initial testing grounds was conducted upon our Holy Russia and a bloody test it was.... Those lessons were taken and used to properly prepare the American populace for the surrender of their freedoms and souls, to the whims of their elites and betters.

"The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. ... His spending and money printing has been record setting, not just in America's short history but in the world.....

"These men, of course, are not an elected panel but made up of appointees picked from the very financial oligarchs and their henchmen who are now gorging themselves on trillions of American dollars, in one bailout after another. They are also usurping the rights, duties and powers of the American congress (parliament). Again, congress has put up little more than a whimper to their masters.

"The proud American will go down into his slavery without a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world, how free he really is. The world will only snicker."[5]

Berit Kjos -- Deceit, Delusion & the Destruction of America

Charles @ PreVue Property Inspections, Santa Fe, NM
    http://www.prevuepropertyinspections.com/
    "How can someone with glasses so thick be so stupid?"

Ted Menelly Guest

Nolan

Nolan

Hey Nolan

Are you still around.

Not fair dropping a bomb and then disappearing

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Nolan

Nolan

Hey Nolan

Are you still around.

Not fair dropping a bomb and then disappearing
    Nolan is keeping a close watch on Con-Gress

He will check in some day...

Best

Ron

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Nolan is keeping a close watch on Con-Gress

He will check in some day...

Best

Ron
    Nolan is acting like a car bomber and also like Aaron does sometimes. They drive the car up in front of the building, walk away, it explodes as they are watching from affar to see what might happen

After all, he did say

"I don't want to get into left/right discussions"

Ed Reynolds Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asta View Post
    There is one big question on the bailout that I still have not been able to find an answer to.

How many of the financial institutions that we bailed out were forced to write off foreclosure debts from borrowers taking advantage of the situation?

I'm talking about borrowers that bought several homes on interest only loans to "burn and turn" to make a profit and then walking away from those mortgages when they couldn't sell the properties.
    Sorry I can not help you on your question, but, the bailout extended to foreign banks as well as domestic ones.

Example: A home next to the one my sister owns and has been trying to sell was foreclosed October 2007. Deutsche Bank held the paper. The original buyer was a grandson of the lady who sold the home as-is (1964) for $140K in 2005. WAY TOO MUCH for the home they got. The old lady rooked her grandson. I have heard other horror stories about this old biddy when my sister lived next to her.

Anyway, a home flipper bought the property a year later for $78K! Talk about a bailout for the flipper. They invested some $ and about 2 months time. Turned around and sold the property 8 months after they bought it for $126,500. Or nearly $50K more than what they paid. Obviously they put some time and effort and monetary investment but they still make off with a handsome profit. I did see what they did to the property. Other than the kitchen mostly cosmetic fixes.

Buyer got a near nice new home at least on the inside. Why the original bank could not work with the original buyers, who knows?

So at least for flippers and some others the bailout is trickling down beyond the big guys. Too bad the original owners got taken to the cleaners by family and bank.

I saw a church marquee with the following message...

Declaration of Independence...More freedom...Not more government.

Amen brother!

We can start by voting out the local Congressperson who has been in office since 1982. That seems alomost like the stone age!

Keep the ball rolling and vote most of the other crum bums out too!

This came out the year I was born and I truly believe it says it all:

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
    Adrian Rogers, 1931

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry McCarthy View Post
    This came out the year I was born and I truly believe it says it all:

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
    Adrian Rogers, 1931
    Yep....Yep...........Yep/////.......and more yeps.....That about tells it like it is.

http://www.realtor.org/wps/wcm/conne...c5ffb684cb314f

I got this from the local realtor group today.
    Might be interesting reading.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Adrian Rogers, 1931
    Thank you, Jerry. I doubt any sane citizen would disagree with Mr. Rogers; however, those same citizens are very quick to want "gov'ment" to pay for everything they feel they need. I have a daughter drawing Social Security to the tune of $30K per year as a result of being a widow of a working citizen. She will do that until her daughter reaches 18 years of age. My daughter still believes that she "is only receiving what my husband paid in" to the system. I don't begrudge my daugher or grandchild from receiving SS benefits as survivors but no one can convince me that her deseased spouse ever paid in that amount of money into the system. It is our taxes that put the bread on her table every week. I just wish people, including my own children, would look at the truth and accept it.

Everytime someone, like Obama, says that every American (he means illegals too) is deserving of health care he is saying that those of us who work and pay taxes are responsible to pay for that health care. I'm here to tell you that I am not responsible for anyone's health care. If they want charity then let's call it charity and don't force me to pay under penalty of confiscation. There isn't a person or child in this nation that doesn't receive "critical care" at any hospital when needed. I have watched when uninsured persons have been shuttled 100 miles to another hospital for treatment, not critical care, when the hospital where they were originally taken had met its charity quota and then some. My best friend couldn't accept it when it was his daughter, an uninsured adult, who was shuttled with multiple compound fractures from a car accident. My own daughter, an uninsured adult, was nearly killed in a one car accident and was fortunate enough to receive critical and follow-up care at the hospital where she presented. Since my own wife is an RN I have gained some insight on how our medical/hospital system works. It ain't perfect by an stretch but it beats the hell out of anything any other country has in place for their citizens. It would be even better is the government would back out of the health care system entirely. It is their rules of health care providers not crossing state lines, and the third-party payee system that has helped run the cost of health care so high. Let the free-market system work in health care and it would be more affordable again. We are going in the wrong direction once again just to gain electorate "market share" for one party or another. The politicians are always buying votes with our money. D__n them!

Ron Bibler Guest

You got to check this one out

http://mail.google.com/mail/#inbox/12277659f51dd762

The next generation of smart cars.

Best

Ron