Thread: More Good News

A.D. Miller Guest

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: More Good News

I did not read the article yet. I just wanted to get in there before you and Mike Larson had another affair I will read it later.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    I did not read the article yet. I just wanted to get in there before you and Mike Larson had another affair I will read it later.
    TM: ML has evidently not had the time to read it, what with wearing his Googling fingers to bloody nubs in a hopeless attempt to appear informed. Besides, he spends most of his time reading ancient scrolls in his new library . . .

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Arron, apparently inspections must be on the slow side in your neck of the woods. I have lost count of the non-profession or marginally related post you have made lately.

The kicker is that they appear to be designed to start an argument.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

A.D. Miller Guest

The kicker is that they appear to be designed to start an argument
    SP: Yes, this is true. My posts are designed to provoke thought, which is usually followed by stimulating conversation (in this case, correspondence), during which differing opinions are supported (successfully or otherwise) by different people. That is what argumentation is. It is only a bad thing when it is viewed through the eyes of a PC diplomat, such as yourself, for example.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

All of our "media" is reaching for anything to print or report on. Be it right or wrong or whatever!

I can assure you it is not what it "used to be" when it came to reporting news.

I was with The Associated Press for over 20-years in a long-ago prior life and was responsible for The AP's worldwide network to deliver news to the 'world'. Back in that ancient time, however, news was almost 'real' news. There was still respect for most everything in general.

Today ... not the case. Air time to fill and to be "first" ... even if it actually isn't correct or even close to right or wrong or even makes 'sense'.

Mind you ... sort of a drift from AM's link to the article ... but again it is back to reaching for 'straws' to make a story.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Kienitz View Post
    All of our "media" is reaching for anything to print or report on. Be it right or wrong or whatever!

I can assure you it is not what it "used to be" when it came to reporting news.

I was with The Associated Press for over 20-years in a long-ago prior life and was responsible for The AP's worldwide network to deliver news to the 'world'. Back in that ancient time, however, news was almost 'real' news. There was still respect for most everything in general.

Today ... not the case. Air time to fill and to be "first" ... even if it actually isn't correct or even close to right or wrong or even makes 'sense'.

Mind you ... sort of a drift from AM's link to the article ... but again it is back to reaching for 'straws' to make a story.
    Nolan: Agreed. We do not need more journalistic venues. What we need is more real journalists. In an age where the ilk of Rush Limbaugh can pass muster in their profession, the odds against finding true journalists are towering.