Default How's business been for you?

The HI biz here has been great. May, June and this month has been record months for work. The number of foreclosure inspections has dropped off so thats helping the other folks sell their homes.

Lets hope this upswing continues for awhile. Things usually slow down a bit though after school starts back, but I hope not.

Rick

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: How's business been for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    The HI biz here has been great. May, June and this month has been record months for work. The number of foreclosure inspections has dropped off so thats helping the other folks sell their homes. Lets hope this upswing continues for awhile. Things usually slow down a bit though after school starts back, but I hope not. Rick
    Slammed. While I am still inspecting a lot of REO stuff, it is in much better condition. The homes have been maintained and the work was not done by an incompetent chimp. A nice change.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Ted Menelly Guest

Hmmmmm

That's all I have to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall, much better than few months ago or the same time last year. Our closed/pending sales are generally trending upward or at least not falling like a stone any longer. I think now it's just the high unemployment and overall poor state of the economy that's keeping things down a bit as opposed to just houseing being the problem. Things still do fluctuate up and down quite a bit but I guess that is normal for this biz. Overall, I'm much happier with things than 6 months ago.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Work has been solid and steady for me since February. Phone and e-mail inquiries have slowed since the Fourth of July but volume has still been good. Not crazy busy but still good.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    The HI biz here has been great. May, June and this month has been record months for work. The number of foreclosure inspections has dropped off so thats helping the other folks sell their homes.

Lets hope this upswing continues for awhile. Things usually slow down a bit though after school starts back, but I hope not.

Rick
    RH: Now I know you dropped off some free booties for me to wear a while back, and I appreciated that. So then, I will be easy on you. As easy as I can be, you understand.

If you are asking me to believe that you are experiencing "record months" of business, I must ask myself (and you) a couple of important questions. Do you mean (1) record high volume or (2) record low volume?

If you mean (1), then I have to question what you have been doing in the past. Sleeping or fishing?

If you mean (2), well that's nothing to brag about.

My plainspoken nature will simply not allow me to BS others about such things. My business has been down 30-40% over the past two years. True, it has perked up a bit in the last month or so, but is nothing like record high volume. NOTHING like it.

So then, I congratulate you, my friend. Either you are a lucky so-and-so, rabbit's-foot-carrying, wood-knocking, four-leaf-clover finding, anointed-one anomaly of an inspector, or . . . you are just full of it.

I am leaning toward wagering on the latter.

Here in South Florida, I've been slow. Doing on average about two a week. I'm looking into finding someway to increase my internet presence. A month ago I started a weekly ad in the local PennySaver paper. Only one call so far from that.

Joseph, Palm Bch County, Fl.
    HomeSafeSouthFlorida.com

Pacific North West is doing fine. Numbers are trending up and most of us are busy. Usually we see July slow as people take their vacations but this year it looks like the market is catching up so we haven't seen a slowing yet.

Two factors that may be influencing the market is the $8,000 tax credit which expires in a few months and indications that we near the bottom of the price drops. Obviously one cannot say where the bottom is until we are well past it but its safe to say house prices aren't going to go lower in fact in many areas they are starting to climb again.

Its nice to see Realtors smiling again and not that "deer in the headlights this has got to close" look we were seeing last winter....

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

Sporadic business with really good weeks and really slow weeks but the bills have been paid so far.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Sporadic business with really good weeks and really slow weeks but the bills have been paid so far.
    Its been like that for me. run. run. run. then sit down and have a cup. June was killer almost a record high but July up and down.

I do think its going to be a hard winter.

Best

Ron

Steady here. Most are HUD or VA repossessions.

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    JL: Finally, an honest man. Same over here.

chris bollin Guest

In New York slow. Real Estate offices letting staff go. I do mostly HUD and some foreclosure nothing to brag about.

Steady here. Most are HUD or VA repossessions.

Joseph, Palm Bch County, Fl.
    HomeSafeSouthFlorida.com

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    JL: Finally, an honest man. Same over here.
    Aaron, not sure why you find it so hard to believe somebody may actually be doing well in this market and why those who say they are doing well are lying. 2007 was likely the last "best year" for most of us, including me. This year, I'm only 13 inspections shy of where I was at this time in 2007. I have no complaints and feel very fortunate to be having a good year.

A.D. Miller Guest

Aaron, not sure why you find it so hard to believe somebody may actually be doing well in this market and why those who say they are doing well are lying.
    NO: Though Mr. Twain told us that there are lies, damn lies, and then statistics, in this matter I believe the numbers are clear. Since the inception of the George W. Bush-induced Great Depression 2.0, everything revolving around the RE market has gone to the dogs. Why lie about it. It does not make it any different.

2007 was likely the last "best year" for most of us, including me.
    NO: Me too.

This year, I'm only 13 inspections shy of where I was at this time in 2007.
    NO: And IF that is true, then perhaps you did not do too many inspections in 2007. That is not the case with me.

I have no complaints and feel very fortunate to be having a good year
    NO: Best of luck to you in your good year.

Better than last year so far, not as good at 2007 or 2006.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post

NO: And IF that is true, then perhaps you did not do too many inspections in 2007. That is not the case with me.
    Leave it to you Aaron to get in your requisite dig on somebody else and try and dress it up with your smiley emoticons. I didn't realize you are the litmus by which all other inspectors are measured. Because if you are not busy, nobody else can be busy.

Get over yourself. If you are not busy or moderately steady living in a state which is, from what I have read, statistically not as hard hit by the economic downturn as other areas of the country, and other Texas inspectors speak of decent work volumes, maybe you should ask yourself if YOU have something to do with your OWN business misfortunes.

Hint: you don't strike me as having a warm and bubbly personality.

Hey, nothing personal. Look, here's my smiley face .

Having a record year so far. Twenty percent up over last year, and last year was pretty darn good. Twenty three years in the biz.

I'm smiling, too.

A.D. Miller Guest

Leave it to you Aaron to get in your requisite dig
    NO: It is my job, and I like it.

dress it up with your smiley emoticons.
    NO: But, they are so cute!

I didn't realize you are the litmus by which all other inspectors are measured.
    NO: Well then, now you do.

Because if you are not busy, nobody else can be busy.
    NO: That is what I intended to convey.

Get over yourself.
    NO: Did that years ago.

Hint: you don't strike me as having a warm and bubbly personality.
    NO: If you mean I did not learn my communication skills at the church you attend, then yes, I agree.

Hey, nothing personal. Look, here's my smiley face
    NO: Backatcha . . .

Ernie Schreiber Guest

I am at 270 inspections for the year so far. Doing about the same as last year. Foreclosures seem to be drying up around here.

I'm only looking for a small slice and I'm getting it no problem.

Slammed here in So cal. It's a sellers market at the moment, inventory is low however.