Default Erics New Nickname!

Well, after almost 20 years in the business, I was called today, something I haven't ever been called or even thought of. I have been called many things. Most I can't repeat here. I even got called "Jerry Peck Jr." by one Agent! I said "thank you" for that one!

A Realtor called me a "Drama Queen"!

Now, I am more of a comedic type than a drama type and definitely, not a Queen. I do like "Queen", the rock band, I also like Dairy Queen, Queen of the Stone Ages, and the book "Queen of the Dammed", but that is about it.

This comment arose as I was telling my Client that the anti-tip bracket was not installed on the range. The Realtor chimed in with "You only need that if you have toddlers"! I told her that she may want to contact Kenmore about that, as it was a Kenmore range. I also told everyone about the case where the home inspector was sued in California for not mentioning it.

At this point she uttered the words "He is a Drama Queen" and left the building!

I hope this brings a chuckle to some of you!

New Name: Eric "Drama Queen" Van De Ven Magnum Inspections Inc.

Inspection Referral
    Eric Van De Ven Magnum Inspections Inc. (772) 214-9929
    www.magnuminspections.com
    I still get paid to be suspicious when I got nothing to be suspicious about!

Default Re: Erics New Nickname!

I'd wear it as a badge of honor.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Act 2: scene III
    There is no anti tip device installed on the unit to prevent tipping if moderate pressure is applied to the open oven door. Install an anti tip bracket according to the manufacturer’s obviously melodramatic instructions and slide the unit leg into it.

Are you old enough to have liked Dale Evans, Queen of the cowgirls?

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I had a realtor call me "Nick the Animal". She told a buyer this and when he called me, as soon as I answered the phone, he said "Nick the Animal". I hear from her once or twice a year when she has a client who is a friend of her son.

My favorite nickname from a realtor who never used me unless the client specified me was "the inspector from hell". I actually use that term when people as me how thorough I am. It was really fun when I got the inspection when she was selling HER home.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

"The buyer's dream, the seller's nightmare" was the one slapped on me. It was meant as a slur, but it sure helped my business. I'm up to about 25% seller inspections now. I offer that I will not inspect for a buyer if I have been the presale inspector; for six months. I have actually had Realtors tell me that they recommend me to their seller Clients so that I won't show up for the buyer prospect. Okay by me.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix

David Banks Guest

One Realtor told me other Realtors in town were calling me "Robo Inspector"
    I kind of liked it!