Default now that's some good alligator

I just wish I'd seen evidence of leakage!

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Default Re: now that's some good alligator

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    I just wish I'd seen evidence of leakage!
    Why?

You don't need "evidence of leakage" to know that is, and to write that up as, "bad" and "in need of repair/replacement".

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Why?

You don't need "evidence of leakage" to know that is, and to write that up as, "bad" and "in need of repair/replacement".
    Of course, I did write it up as needing replacement. But around here, sellers and their agents seem to think they can balk at replacement if there's no evidence of leakage.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    But around here, sellers and their agents seem to think they can balk at replacement if there's no evidence of leakage.

Well, then, do as I used to do - write it up a "leaking" as it is leaking ... into the roof covering system itself, ... just not completely leaking all the way through --- yet.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

A.D. Miller Guest

around here, sellers and their agents seem to think they can balk at replacement if there's no evidence of leakage.
    JA: I think this is universal. My retort usually goes something like this: "All roofs leak under the right circumstances. This roof is exhibiting most, if not all, of those circumstances, so it needs to be replaced before peripheral damage results. Additionally, your home owner's insurance will likely not underwrite the roof in its present condition. Your agent, the seller and his agent, may be willing to warrant the roof. I am not."