Thread: lesterkeith

lester langowski Guest

Thumbs up lesterkeith

inspecter from north dakota, gotta get moving in this business, body can't take the demands in the construction world. Went to school in 2005, thru Prosource. Need sum refresher courses. Performed 4 insp. only and get cold feet due to insurance requirements/ I have close to 40 years in construction, residential/commercial. I seen some bad stuff and don't like new home owners gettin stuck with major problems. I'll try and get out of the closet, thank you.

Inspection Referral

Michael Garrity Guest

Default Re: lesterkeith

Good luck

Bud Butczynski Guest

Howdy Lester,

A good friend of mine lives in South Dakota; he's also an inspector. He lives many coyote howls away from you, but if it came right down to it and you needed help starting out, I know he'd be there for you. We both fell for a get rich quick scheme and the last time I talked to him he said, "Bud, looks like we've been eat by a coyote and **** off a cliff." You gotta love this guy.

I'm thinking I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm closing in on 30 years in construction, been giving it hell the whole time as a contractor/ project manager/ general manager doing residential and light commercial work, and my body had enough about 5 years ago. Don't quit your day job, Les. I'm proud to say that after 4 years, the inspection business is finally paying for itself. It's no longer costing me to keep it intact, but no profit margin, brother. My call a spade a spade approach yielded 4 inspections last week and 3 this week with 2 pending return calls. Last week's office fit up, this week's basement remodel, and next week's boiler install are what's paying my real bills and feeding my family. I wish you the best bro, but don't think this is an easy way out. I've been working half past full throttle since I signed on........and loving it.

Not sure what you mean by the insurance thing. It $uck$ but don't even play until you cover your assets.

Last edited by Bud Butczynski; 07-27-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: apostrophee's & spelleeng'

Bud Butczynski Guest

OREP has been very, very good to me.