Tim Ewen Guest

Default Need a contract-HELP

Hello to all,
    I posted last week introducing myself, I am working on getting started in Maryland.Currently trying to get insurance, my agent contacted me today to let me know the underwriter needs a copy of my pre inspection agreement/contract. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find one or will I have to have one drawn up from scratch, which I am sure would be expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tim Ewen

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Need a contract-HELP

Your profile indicates you have elected not to recieve email. Can't send you one if you ain't accepting.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

This is where one should be paying a legal help with writing of a contract to protect your best interest.

What may be on one HI's contract in another state may not be of any help to you or protect you in a court of law.

JMHO

rick

Tim Ewen Guest

Rick,
    Thank you, you bring up a valid point.Do you think one of the raedily available reports [ ITA for example] would be a good place to start and then modify for my needs/state requirements. As always any help is apreciated.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ewen View Post
    Rick,
    Thank you, you bring up a valid point.Do you think one of the raedily available reports [ ITA for example] would be a good place to start and then modify for my needs/state requirements. As always any help is apreciated.
    Tim

Tim.. That is what I did a few years ago.. I took ITA's, and a couple of other local inspectors agreements, took them to a local contract lawyer, he changed a few things, and charged me a couple hundred $s, to me that couple hundred was worth it for a piece of mind.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Tim

I think Dan summed up my thoughts exactly.

rick

Tim Ewen Guest

My thanks to all,
    I have gotten ahold of a couple of agreements and am ordering another and will be sitting down with a lawyer to make things work for my needs.
    I think it will be the best way to cover my backside and I will understand the wording better anyway. This board has already been a great source of info and I can see that inspectors in general are willing to help each other out, it's great to have a large support network-- thanks again!!
    Tim