Milton Grew Guest

Default VINYL SIDING PROBLEMS

Has anyone come across problems resulting from installation of vinyl siding over existing cedar clapboard siding? Are there concerns or potential problems I should be alert to?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Re: VINYL SIDING PROBLEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Grew View Post
    Has anyone come across problems resulting from installation of vinyl siding over existing cedar clapboard siding? Are there concerns or potential problems I should be alert to?
    This is what i put in my reports.

The house walls are finished with vinyl siding. This type of siding limited the inspectors access to the wood or stucco
    materials behind the vinyl siding. these inaccessible areas may harbor excessive moisture condition, water damage or pest infestation or infection. some damage was noted to section of the siding and trim work. areas indicated excessive moisture condition.
    See a Licensed WDO inspection report for more information.

Best

Ron

Default Re: VINYL SIDING PROBLEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    This is what i put in my reports.

The house walls are finished with vinyl siding. This type of siding limited the inspectors access to the wood or stucco
    materials behind the vinyl siding. these inaccessible areas may harbor excessive moisture condition, water damage or pest infestation or infection. some damage was noted to section of the siding and trim work. areas indicated excessive moisture condition.
    See a Licensed WDO inspection report for more information.

Best

Ron
    Ron,

Double edged sword for you - that must be what you write in your HI reports, so, what do you write in your WDO reports?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com