Default Requirement on bonding/grounding interior gas lines

Here in North Texas on newer construction we see flexible gas line commonly used in the attic. These lines usually tie back to a main distribution point (or "manifold") in the attic, which a shutoff valve for each branch (or line) of the gas lines.

Question, does the metal manifold have to be grounded/bonded ? I came across a house with previous inspection and that inspector flagged the gas manifold as "not grounded". I have not been flagging these.

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks

Gene

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Jack Murdock Guest

Default Re: Requirement on bonding/grounding interior gas lines

Gene,
    CSST should be bonded where it enters the building back to the electrical distribution panel. The UL listed bonding clamp is attached to the nut not the tubing. Or depending on what state you are in it may have to be a black nipple. Here in New England both Mass and NY have stricter requirements than the manufacturer as state law. We must be licensed by the state (Mass + NH) and certified by a factory trained instructor to buy CSST here. It would be helpful to know which brand of CSST it is. As important as bonding is, I think clearances to penetration threats and how it is installed and supported is just as critical. I hope this helps keep up the good work.
    Jack

A.D. Miller Guest

GS: This may help.

Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks guys, that was helpful.

Gene