Default Hey Mo!! flip the burgers

So what do you guys thing of the grill location next to this propane tank. I think its BS but interested in your thoughts.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Hey Mo!! flip the burgers

Is that thing on the left supposed to be a grill? It doesn't look like it's been used in quite a while. It's worth telling them not to fire it back up given the location of the tank, in case they get any ideas.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

James Vincent Guest

You can sit on the tank and roast marshmellos. What say you?

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wayne soper View Post
    So what do you guys thing of the grill location next to this propane tank. I think its BS but interested in your thoughts.

It would take a lot of heat to set that tank on fire.

But that looks like something that is not in use.

Best

Ron

Local fire department used to bring out a tank that size and open the top valve and lite it on fire. Then a four-five man team would advance a hose using a mist spray (fog pattern) towards the tank. One fella would reach in the flames and turn off the valve.

The training officer who led the drill used to do this all over the county, several times a year. School parking lots, public safety days, annual town celebration, any excuse to show how expert and brave the fire department was.

BLEVE: boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion. A BLEVE results from the rupture of a vessel containing a liquid substantially above its atmospheric boiling point. The substance is stored partly in liquid form, with a gaseous vapor above the liquid filling the remainder of the container. That tank contains liquid and gaseous vapor.

BLEVE is what happens when a pressurized tank decides to stop being pressurized and instead decides to rupture.

To raise the temp inside that size tank requires some pretty big heat. While heating a few dogs and burgers that close to that tank may cause the tank to heat up, the summer sun probably has more effect than some charcoal.

I would not worry about the proximity but would probably make a mention in the report to cover my anatomy.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Yes, Thats what I figured but as you all know we pretty much have to look at things as if Mo Larry and curley will be living there.
    And "doesn't look like it's used much" wouldn't go to far in court