Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: A Direct Question to Lisa Endza

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wood View Post
    Yes it is! InterNachi Inspectors are the only ones I have not seen any court cases against at least in my area. ASHI, OAHI or CAHPI are always the ones picked apart for not providing a proper report. Some of the Reports I have had the pleasure to see are not worth the paper they are written on this includes certain franchises.
    My motivation has not changed since I started Inspecting and that is to protect the innocent Clients. My aim has always been true and the CE from InterNachi matches the training I receive from other top Associations every week. Those Associations do not recognize the training from ASHI or maybe it is the other way around. I can't be sure since I am not ASHI nor will I ever be one as my personal decision.
    Kevin, I know you are fairly new in terms of years in this profession but you should never say never or burn bridges. Always offer help to fellow inspectors when you can and respect others even if they have differing opinions. Always stay with the facts and stay above reproach.

As far as the different organizations go, they all offer something different. Some of them appeal more to the newer inspectors and some to the more experienced, they all have their positive and negatives attributes. Some are more vocal and some are more professional in they way they present their organization. Again, neither is right or wrong but perception is everything.

You speak highly of Carson Dunlop and I agree that CD is a great company and produces a good product, but in several of your post you have said that you want nothing to do with training from ASHI members or other inspectors. You do know that the principal owner Alan is a long time ASHI member and past president of the organization you have so much distain for. I consider Alan to be a personal friend with whom I have had the pleasure of knowing for over 20 years. Again, burning bridges in our tightly knit profession is not a good thing.

Do I like Nick? Not really, but I respect him as an individual and will never talk badly about him. I might not care for his tactics or methods, but that is just him. I accept him for what he is and go into any situation with that in mind when I have any dealings with him.

I hope you find what you are looking for in this profession and if you are ever in Nashville TN, please let me know. I would love to meet you and buy you a meal in Music City.

OREP Insurance
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I do not speak highly for Carson Dunlop and since I taught the Carson Dunlop and see the results of some Home Inspectors who become instant Professionals.
    You teach.
    Your talking about someone becoming "instant professionals".

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha (Pause for air) Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
    Ok I'm better.
    Yes, I can see that.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    It is my opinion that the quality of inspections and reports has little or nothing to do with any association. It is the individual, his or her attitude, aptitude, intelligence, desire to learn, and training. There are many excellent inspectors who belong to no organization. Anyone who is out to just make a buck will always be the one to produce poor results. And yes, they may belong to ASHI, iNACHI, NAHI, or even be a CMI. They are the same people who don't mind lying or stretching the truth if it can take in another buck.

Liza - Please take and pass the NHIE. I'm sure Nick will pay for it. Then take the iNACHI online exam. Only then will any comparisons you may make have any meaning to those of who have.

Respectfully,
    Good post....I suggest re-reading it!

To respond to Kevin's claim, go sit in small claims court for a day. It can be a real learning experience to hear first hand how any home inspector can mess up. I suggest forget about who is bigger, or more fallible, and deal with the reality that it's individuals that fail; AND not based on erroneously basing it only on what association they belong to. I've had the opportunity to do so in teaching my class about "contract law". (Great first hand experience)

I know a number of NACHI inspectors that faced the courts. So it's really a mute point to state that NACHI inspectors are infallible. (Perhaps to give you credit - "in your area")

As far as the CMI- why do some INACHI members claim it's simply a marketing advantage. As those that have dropped their CMI; ask those that are NACHI members and choose not to take advantage of what it claims to be.

One thing is for sure - the cost to attain it (CMI), must be weighted against the fact that there's no requirement to mandate ongoing continuing education.

Ted Menelly Guest

However I highly doubt that any CMI would be willing to stop his CE. Not worth the risk I assure you. BTW Claude I am sure there are many many InterNachi inspectors that should not be Inspecting and in fact talking to one of my former students he was clear in saying the last guy he saw Inspecting should not be doing so and he was basing his knowledge of the Carson Dunlop training. How much is he missing when he did not join Nachi.
    There is a reason and it is not what people think.
    I replied to a post from you sometime back where I do believe you said you would not take a course or class from another home inspector???? Was that not the case? I could be wrong and I have not gone back to double check. Correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway. If you won't take a class from a home inspector why would anyone take a class from you?

Ted Menelly Guest

Ted I am not just a Home Inspector and that is the reason. A Home Inspector gets minimal knowledge doing just Home Inspections and taking whatever exams are available. So yes I am correct that know one should take a course from just a Home Inspector. Same as know one should not just take a course from a Building Contractor. Same as someone should not just take a course from a Electrician. Same as someone should not just take a course from a Engineer. Same as someone should not just take a course from a Architect.
    Get this Ted if I had it my way I would make sure all the training was screened by top individuals in each field and produce one Home Inspection training combining all the best of the best.
    Sound like a good Idea!!! I wonder if anyone is listening.
    Please don't say that Carson Dunlop has done this already. I here that all the time.
    But, you are just a home inspector so called me ignorant but I do not get it. So, you are a home inspector that has taking a lot of hours of class and possible field work. So, you are just a home inspector. I have taken so many classes from experts in every field of construction over and over and over. Many, or should I say a multitude of experts in the field, in a class room, tested. So, am I just a home inspector. Yup.

You are just a home inspector. So, I don't get it. As a matter of fact I have taken almost all my education in a class room and about a million hours in the field. Does that make me better than you. Am I more than "just a home inspector"?

As a matter of fact I know from what you have written i the past that you are relatively new to this world, true? Not only have I taken almost ll of my continuing ed in class rooms by experts but I also inspected my first home 40 years ago. NOw only 15 or so full time. Built and remodeled commercial and residential all the rest of the years and inspecting. Am I just a home inspector.

Anyway. I am absolutely positively sure you are getting the point. So. Would you like to come and take some classes from just a home inspector

Oh yeah. Who is Carson Dunlop?

Ted,

You can get a CMI for free, you don't even have to beg for it!

Thanks for confirming that a free CMI is of little value if you can get it for free.

Can you get a P. Eng for free? NO!

Sorry you fail to see the significance, those that paid full fair should be given a refund because Nick has established the CMI's true worth is - $0 (zero).

[QUOTE=Lisa Endza;243069]........................ No CMIs are free. The applicant may not pay, but someone pays for them............/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Ted,

You can get a CMI for free, you don't even have to beg for it!
    If Nick and the board feels like it, he sure can, along with all the benefits to being on the list.

So Lisa says you can not get a free CMI, but kevin says you can........go figure.... who to believe..... non of the above?????????????? Freee not freeeeeee, no way- yes way. It is amazing how little continuity there is in the voices of the organization that can not be mentioned...((( a little Harry Potter)))).... It is amusing to read the bantor... kinda like a comic book where there is a sequel coming.

I know of one individual who was given a free CMI recently, he is a competitor in my area.

I also understand that as many as 16 CMI's were granted free at the recent CD conference in Toronto.

I also has it confirmed to me personally that CMI's could be had for $1000 each, well below the going rate of $2500. When asked about the GST which is 13% tax on the $1000 fee, my friend was told to take an additional 13% off the $1000 price.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Liza has continually maintained she has no specific knowledge of the CMI since its not in her perview, however she was quick to point out it was not free - go figure.

Ted Menelly Guest

"Oh yeah. Who is Carson Dunlop?"

Was comedic relief!

Home Inspection | Home Inspection Training | Home Inspection Report

The oldest and most successful home inspection companies, report software and home inspection course providers in Canada, and successful state side too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123