Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Allan Davis Guest

Default Re: Home Inspection Cost

I do want to fix my prices ! As high as the market will bare, I want 1 - $ 13,000 inspection a month. I want to be able to do the inspection in one day and goof off the other 27-29 days. If thats price fixing count me in.

Crawl Space Creeper

Allan,

You should consider being a Realtor then.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    SP: Situationally ethical pricing structure?
    Uh, I don't think so.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situational_ethics

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Shoot............................

I'll talk about it. Why don't we call meetings in all areas for all inspectors to set bottom price setting for home inspections.

If that is price fixing or against anti trust laws then every union member in the country should be arrested. That is all they ever talk about as a group. Minimum pay scale, benefits, more pay, more benefits, even more pay, higher retirement etc etc etc.

I call for an absolute minimum of 275.00 (that is 275.00) no matter how small a home or condo (no matter how small a home or condo) is and the rest is the sky is the limit. This should be anything up to 2000 square feet plus the garage sq ft added to the mix. Now extras are just that, extras. When I say extras all of us must charge something for the extras such as pool, exterior buildings and structures, decks, termite inspection, foundation analysis, radon, lead etc etc. Now these extras may range wildy from inspector to inspector but a fee must be charged. No more give away crap from any inspector.

If anyone can think of anything else to throw in there go for it

Let's clarify.......That is the minimum price. You can charge whatever you darn well want above the minimum. Just for those curious.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Davis View Post
    I do want to fix my prices ! As high as the market will bare, I want 1 - $ 13,000 inspection a month. I want to be able to do the inspection in one day and goof off the other 27-29 days. If thats price fixing count me in.
    AD: Nah,that's what JP did, and look what happened to him!

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    SP: I prefer Webster's over Wiki's:

• Main Entry: situation ethics
    • Function: noun
    • Date: 1955
    : a system of ethics by which acts are judged within their contexts instead of by categorical principles —called also situational ethics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12