Default ATTIC TRUSS LISTING

HEY ALL
    1980 single family. everything looked good structural inside and out , except typical colorado settling driveway. last thing i inspected was attic, and this is how i found truss, belief it is a quenn post construction.went back on roof and then to crawl space again under garage, where this truss supports..whats up with it. wrote up in report to have evaluated by structural engineer. but everything looked good except attic

let me know

thanks

charlie

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: ATTIC TRUSS LISTING

what happened hers attic truss

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Have you checked axis of the earth?

Just different designs of trusses.

Probably to accommodate storage.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Even at an angle a vertical member like that can support a lot of weight. And with a truss assuming that portion is holding load in a vertical direction is a somewhat grand assumption.

I've seen them off center and/or different types many times. With trusses I just mostly look for problems with the original design - Notches, cuts, broken/removed members, loose gussets. All we can assume as HIs is the original design was done properly and if there are not signs of movement or other problems all is good.

Bob Phoenix Guest

Looking at your attic pic, I see that there is an un-insulated area up there in the right hand side... That is probably over unconditiond space, so that means that there's an outside wall under the ridge support member...

I also noticed that the truss web angles are different from each other on either side too...

So, I'm thinking it's the only way the truss engineer could get both ridge support and a continuous ridge line on a multi-pitch angle roof at the same time...

Still would have like to see the engineering though... Just to make sure...

After all back in the eighties... down here in FLA, we had builders building houses with convertible tops... (Only trouble was the top would go down when the weather got bad...)