Default Asheville, NC - friend's daughter needs an inspector there

The daughter of a long time friend of my brother-in-law is buying a house in Asheville, NC and needs a home inspection.

Anyone cover that area?

There was an old house there which was razed and a new house built on the site 1-2 years ago. She has been renting the house since it was built - the only occupants in the new home have been her and her family, now they are buying the house.

That is all the background I know of it.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Default Re: Asheville, NC - friend's daughter needs an inspector there

NCLHIA North Carolina Licensed Home Inspector Association. North Carolina Licensed Home Inspector Association They have a search function for inspectors by county and city.

I sent email to the state president asking for chapter officers for the Asheville area.

Will update once I get replies.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

NC home inspector license numbers are consectutive with the higher numbers being the more recently licensed. Currently numbers being issued are in the 2800 range. Only about 1000 of the 2800 are still active licenses according to the state. Those with an "A" prior to the license number indicate they are Associate inspectors meaning they have less 100 paid inspections and are still in training.

Asheville is the largest city in the western part of the state. The largest private home in America, The Biltmore, is located in Asheville. 10 minutes outside of Asheville is rural mountains that are sparsely populated.

Here is a link to the licensing board listing various directories of all home inspectors in the state. Looks like there are only 33 in Buncombe county.
    Welcome to NC Office of State Fire Marshal

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Erby, Bruce,

Thank you.

I am forwarding the information on. I was hoping to get someone here who we "knew", but, alas, that is not always the case.

Bruce,

My wife and I used to go up near the Smokey Mountain National Park and camp for 10 days each summer, usually up at a campground on Balsam Mountain not far from the Old Balsam Inn. We went to the Biltmore once and it was great.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

If you want a personal referral, call Russell Buchanan over at HomeGauge (right there in Asheville). He'd know who is good and who is not.

(877) 274-4299 (Toll Free)Local Phone:(828) 254-2030

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections