Default Cash for Clunkers

IF MY BODY WERE A CAR....

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish, and my paint job is getting a little dull. But that's not the worst of it.
    My headlights are out of focus, and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose
    veins. It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed. My fuel rate burns inefficiently.

But here's the worst of it --Almost every time I sneeze, cough or laugh, either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires.
    CASH FOR CLUNKERS..........I QUALIFY - How about You?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Cash for Clunkers

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    IF MY BODY WERE A CAR....

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish, and my paint job is getting a little dull. But that's not the worst of it.My headlights are out of focus, and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins. It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed. My fuel rate burns inefficiently.
    But here's the worst of it --Almost every time I sneeze, cough or laugh, either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires.
    CASH FOR CLUNKERS..........I QUALIFY - How about You?
    Or if you wanted to trade in that junk Jaguar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard Stanley Guest

Maybe they could have a stimulus program for the real estate market also ... juice for junkers, dinero for D8s, credit for crap, etc. --- all in the name of future foreclosures.

Don Belmont Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fritzkelly View Post
    Don't worry, Obama's working on that. Your wife will get the $4500 under the new health plan for your early "retirement". You will get some pain pills.
    Of course that is a bald faced lie as you well know. As humor it's a bit weak as well but then who can account for taste.

Mike Truss Guy Guest

$4500 bucks now for the right to make car payments for three to five years? It seems to me that this program rewards increasing consumer debt. Maybe living with a clunker for a few more years would stimulate the economy better.