Dustin Large Guest

Default Hello from Fresno, CA

Hello,
    I'm currently in the US Navy and have been interested in Home Inspecting for awhile. I have a few years before I retire and start my next career. What a better time to start preparing for it then now.

I'll be starting American Home Inspectors Training Institute’s course in October as it's 100% paid for by my education benefits. After that I would like to find a mentor to learn from, continue to learn from this site, and what ever other resources I can get my hands on.

I'm also pursing my degree in business which will be completed before I retire. This will hopefully help me when it comes to the business skills that are needed and at the very least something else to fall back on.

Not sure what else to say at this point (though I'm ecstatic about the "newbie" paragraph going away at the top of every screen.

Any advice/comments/criticisms are always upon welcome ears.

Take care, Dustin

Inspection Referral

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Re: Hello from Fresno, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Large View Post
    Hello,
    I'm currently in the US Navy and have been interested in Home Inspecting for awhile. I have a few years before I retire and start my next career. What a better time to start preparing for it then now.

I'll be starting American Home Inspectors Training Institute’s course in October as it's 100% paid for by my education benefits. After that I would like to find a mentor to learn from, continue to learn from this site, and what ever other resources I can get my hands on.

I'm also pursing my degree in business which will be completed before I retire. This will hopefully help me when it comes to the business skills that are needed and at the very least something else to fall back on.

Not sure what else to say at this point (though I'm ecstatic about the "newbie" paragraph going away at the top of every screen.

Take care, Dustin
    Dude you are so welcome... Thank you for serving our country...

You will find some of the best inspectors in the country on this board.

Dig into the past threds and you will find a lot of info.

I live just north of the bay area.

Thanks one more time for serving our country.

Best

Ron

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Large View Post
    Hello,

Take care, Dustin
    Look into visiting the local (Fresno) chapter of CREIA. Not sure how helpful that chapter will be but I know that most all the other chapters in the state are more than helpful. Join CREIA as soon as you're ready. It will be a big help in learning from established and experienced Inspectors. You might even find someone willing to take you on a ride-along.

Good luck.

Ken McConnell Guest

Welcome Dustin:

Sounds like you have preparing yourself very well. The home inspection profession is great choice, everyday is so different and also you pursuing business education will be a great help. I have been in the home inspection business for over 12 years and still leaning more each day. My past business background has been so helpful in staying organized and dealing with business aspects, and continued education in home inspection field keeps one sharp in the field.
    Good Luck and I want to thank you also for serving our great country.
    You have found the right place being here and know whatever help you need you will find it here.

Ken McConnell
    Quality Home & Building Inspection Consultant
    Cambridge, Ohio