Thread: Ceiling Tile

Default Ceiling Tile

Anyone ever known this type of fiberboard ceiling tile to contain asbestos? I would think no, but I'm not sure.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Default Re: Ceiling Tile

It could and without laboratory testing no one would know definitively.

I particularly like this line:

The larger suspended ceiling segment, 2'x4' in size (photo above right), was pushed aside to show the older layers of ceiling materials above. The suspended ceiling tile, if made of fiberglass or cellulose is not a likely asbestos fiber source.
    Not likely? Thats definitive!

Michael Garrity Guest

Do you know when it was installed?

john_opwin Guest

Asbestos is a naturally occurring silicate mineral with long, thin fibrous crystals. The resulting condition of asbestos material in home is the whole house after this accident left with a sore chest, dry and unbearably iching skin and eyes. My wife complained of severe asthma. This all continued for five to six months. The material that I had removed was tested and found to contain 20% crysitile asbestos. So, I will advice you to consult it with expert.

Quote Originally Posted by john_opwin View Post
    Asbestos is a naturally occurring silicate mineral with long, thin fibrous crystals. The resulting condition of asbestos material in home is the whole house after this accident left with a sore chest, dry and unbearably iching skin and eyes. My wife complained of severe asthma. This all continued for five to six months. The material that I had removed was tested and found to contain 20% crysitile asbestos. So, I will advice you to consult it with expert.
    ?? ... accident ...? What? You really need to write more understandable posts.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

john_opwin Guest

I was just sharing my problem which was due to Asbestos. It may be possible that I was failed to express it properly. If I did so, then I feel apology for it.