Ryan Stouffer Guest

Default Distribution panel

The smaller auxillary/distribution panel has are cutoff wires all through the thing. The panel does not fit correctly. The sheathing on the ground wires is damaged. What do you think? Also, any input on the outelt in the hole in the wall?

Thanks,

Ryan

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Ryan Stouffer Guest

Default Re: Distribution panel

Does anyone have any input on this distribution panel?

1) GE panel with BR Breakers.

2) Panel looks to me mounted too deep making the cover not fit properly.

3) It is a disgusting mess. The installer should be ashamed. Nothing "neat & workmanlike" about that at all.

4) "auxillary/distribution panel has are cutoff wires all through the thing" - Not sure what this means.

5) Wires have insulation. Cables have sheathing. The grounds in those pics are bare. Not sure what you are referring to.

Ryan Stouffer Guest

pete, if you look close you can see where they cut the ends of the wires off where they come out of the sheathing.

Ryan Stouffer Guest

The red wires are cut off.

Holy crap, man vision.

Now can you tell me where I left my keys?

4) Nothing illegal or non-complaint about it. Just unbelievably stupid.
    WHY waste that conductor??? Someone later on may be extremely happy to see a spare wire on the other side of the house.
    Cutting usable wires off flush like that is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Being as that is not service equipment, but is just a panel, the ground bonding screw in the neutral terminal bar needs to be removed - look at the bottom of the neutral terminal bar.

Have no idea why anyone would wire a house or structure with 12-3 when all they needed was 12-2, what a waste. Those cut off conductors should be properly abandoned, being cut off as they are leaves them exposed to be being energized accidentally or grounded accidentally while the other end becomes energized accidentally.

I also see a stripped section of black conductor, which is not cut off but which goes to a breaker, along with long split section of insulation on a different black conductor. Looks to me as though they used a NM cable stripper and the cutting blade sliced and diced the insulation up.

All that is just from the first photo.

That hole in the wall with the receptacle, not only should that not be there like that, but if that is the garage house wall it it doubly bad. Looks like it backs up to a bathroom on the other side (green board installed on other side).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com