Thread: Trap Primer

Jake Guerrero Guest

Default Trap Primer

HVAC unit installed in a hall closet. The condensate drain line is piped into a 2” pipe. The 2” pipe travels downward into the return air space, into a 2” p-trap, then travels into the adjacent wall.

From the attic in the utility closet, there is a copper supply line that travels downward and has a PPP prime-rite trap primer on the end. A small copper stub is connected to the trap primer which extends a couple of inches into the 2” pipe along with the condensate drain line.

Based on what I found here, how will the trap primer work? Am I missing something?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Trap Primer

The priming valve is automatically activated when it senses a pressure drop of 5 to 10 P.S.I.G. (35 to 70 kpa).
    When they flush a toilet, etc. the trap primer will dribble a little water to keep the tap primed with water.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Jake Guerrero Guest

Jim, thanks.

I figured Jerry or one of the plumbers would chime in on your photos by now, but I will go ahead and mention the improper clearance on the "indirect" connection of the drain.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas